Ranked #15 on the 2020 ENR list of Top 500 Design Firms, and with more than a hundred offices across North America, the building and construction team provides the architectural, engineering and construction (A/E/C) industry with a full suite of capabilities both in the lab and on site. From testing, inspection and certification services to building sciences solutions, the company delivers Total Quality Assurance to the built environment.
The Lab Technician will support the Building and Construction business by performing testing on a variety of building products and components. This is an entry level, hands-on position that requires physical labor. On-the-job training provided and excellent opportunities for growth offered. We're looking for an individual who can perform tasks with limited supervision while maintaining the highest level of professionalism and integrity. We're looking for an energetic employee who likes to get their hands dirty and can handle a wide variety of tasks every day.
- Unload test specimens on the dock by hand or with a forklift.
- Prepare samples for testing by constructing wood test frames and sealing products with silicone.
- Mounting specimens into test fixtures and test products
- Write test reports
- Cut up and discard samples after testing.
- General clean up of laboratory
- Travel to job sites to assist with testing at offsite locations
- Other duties as assigned
- High School Diploma or GED, Degree in a technical field preferred or related experience
- Technical competency to understand and communicate test procedures, specifications, and results and possess a mechanical aptitude
- General construction/carpentry knowledge and experience using power tools
- Welder helper, cutting, fitting steel, is a plus but not required
- Physical ability to routinely lift at least 50 pounds
- Physical ability to sit, stand, crouch, bend, climb stairs and ladders, crawl, push, pull, etc. as required to perform job duties
- Ability to follow directions and work with minimal supervision
- Excellent customer service skills
- Strong communication skills – both written and oral
- Good computer skills using Word and Excel, and AutoCAD if applicable
- Ability to travel as business needs dictate
- Valid Drivers' License and acceptable driving record
A career with Intertek means joining a global network of professionals dedicated to bringing quality and safety to life. Our vision is to become the world's most trusted partner for Quality Assurance and we offer our employees the chance to make an impact with attractive growth opportunities in this industry on a global scale.
We offer a salary and benefit package competitively placed within the local market, including medical, dental, vision, life, disability, 401(k) with company match, tuition reimbursement and more.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against applicants due to veteran status or on the basis of disability. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, or gender identity.
Intertek is a drug-free workplace. As a condition of employment, all hires are required to pass a pre-employment drug test.
Apply on company website