GMP Manufacturing Operator - Scientific, West Hills / Los Angeles, CA
The Operator II, Manufacturing assists with all aspects of production for our Transplant Diagnostics business.
Position Type: Long-term contract position through October 2020 with potential for full-time hire.
Pay Rate: $17.25/hr
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Ensure quality assay manufacturing by following standard procedures for:
- Dispensing of biological reagents
- Reagent and buffer preparation
- Printing labels and labeling bottles, vials, and boxes
- Packaging, sealing, and scanning of assays
- Perform production tasks on different product lines as needed
- Responsible for the safe and secure storage and monitoring of inventories, products as well as in-house supplies
- Set up and operate equipment of moderate complexity
- Update raw material inventories
- Assist in processing of final product
- Prepare buffer solutions
- Assist in keeping a safe environment
- Assist in developing, writing and instituting necessary protocols
- Ability to solve problems that may come up in the department
- Able to efficiently handle multiple tasks and projects simultaneously
- Assist supervisor in all aspects of manufacturing processes
- Maintain confidentiality of laboratory data and process
- Expected to maintain work schedules as assigned
- All laboratory personnel are expected to notify their supervisor or manager of any unsafe conditions and/or practices and to take appropriate corrective actions
- Bachelor's degree (BS) from an accredited higher learning institution in the Biological Sciences, Chemistry or related field
- Two (2) years of laboratory experience
- Knowledge of laboratory procedures and practices
- Basic knowledge of Microsoft Word and Excel
- Organize self and maintain assigned work schedules
- Read, understand and implement written laboratory procedures
- Able to handle and work with biological and chemical reagents
Working Conditions/Physical Requirements:
- Frequently work at laboratory workstation, low temperature freezers, and computer workstations
- Some lifting of objects including laboratory instrumentation of 35 pounds
Kelly complies with the requirements of the Fair Chance Initiative. A conviction record does not automatically bar individuals from employment.
For Immediate Consideration, Apply Today! Questions? Call Grace at 714-971-0721 or Email at email@example.com
With Kelly, you'll have access to some of the world's highest regarded scientific organizations—providing you with opportunities to work on today's most challenging, research-intensive, and relevant projects. Our connections can lead you to innovative scientific pursuits you'll be proud to help advance. We work with 90 of the Fortune 100 companies and found opportunities for more than 10,000 scientific professionals last year.
You pursued a career in science to fuel your quest for knowledge and your desire to make the world a better place. Let Kelly fuel your career—connect with us today.About Kelly®
At Kelly, we're always thinking about what's next and advising job seekers on new ways of working to reach their full potential. In fact, we're a leading advocate for temporary/nontraditional workstyles, because we believe they allow flexibility and tremendous growth opportunities that enable a better way to work and live. Connecting great people with great companies is what we do best, and our employment opportunities span a wide variety of workstyles, skill levels, and industries around the world.
Kelly is an equal opportunity employer committed to employing a diverse workforce, including, but not limited to, minorities, females, individuals with disabilities, protected veterans, sexual orientation, gender identity. Equal Employment Opportunity is The Law.]] About Kelly Services
Kelly Services, Inc. (NASDAQ: KELYA, KELYB) is a leader in providing workforce solutions.
Kelly offers a comprehensive array of outsourcing and consulting services as well as world-class staffing on a temporary, temporary-to-hire, and direct-hire basis.
Serving clients around the globe, Kelly provided employment to more than 540,000 employees in 2013. Revenue in 2013 was $5.4 billion.
Apply on company website