Accessioner/Lab Assistant – Austin, TX
Immediate Job Opening!
Kelly Scientific Resources is currently seeking an Accessioner/Lab Assistant for one of our top clinical labs in Austin, TX.
The Accessioner/Lab Assistant will be responsible for specimen receipt, counting, accessioning, scanning, centrifugation, decanting and preparation of patient specimens and manifest creation for laboratory send outs. Perform review of accessioned cases to ensure all information was entered correctly in LIS (Laboratory Information System).
- Responsible for accurately handling and processing all laboratory specimens, ensuring specimen integrity by adhering to laboratory procedures.
- Accession/Data entry duties
- Verification of specimen identification from primary to aliquot tubes. Signing batch log to reflect verification.
- Identify correct documentation and procedures for missing or discrepant information
- Archive and file al paperwork
- Follow and enforces all safety, infection control and OSHA Bloodborne Pathogen guidelines
- Receiving samples from FedEx and logging tracking number/verifying FedEx insight pre-delivery log.
- Training and following applicable laboratory SOPs. Taking responsibility for individual training log and CE requirements as applicable.
- Adheres to departmental policies and procedures to include department programs, quality control, quality assurance and safety.
- Vocational School in related field OR High School Diploma/Bachelor's degree
- Experience as a Specimen Processor is a plus
- Laboratory Assistant Accessioner Training
- Laboratory Information System (LIS)Training
- Data Entry, QA/QC experience preferred
- M-F; 1st Shift/Various work schedules available
- Attention to detail
- General knowledge of laboratory terminology
With Kelly, you'll have access to some of the world's highest regarded scientific organizations—providing you with opportunities to work on today's most challenging, research-intensive, and relevant projects. Our connections can lead you to innovative scientific pursuits you'll be proud to help advance. We work with 90 of the Fortune 100 companies and found opportunities for more than 10,000 scientific professionals last year.
You pursued a career in science to fuel your quest for knowledge and your desire to make the world a better place. Let Kelly fuel your career—connect with us today.About Kelly®
At Kelly, we're always thinking about what's next and advising job seekers on new ways of working to reach their full potential. In fact, we're a leading advocate for temporary/nontraditional workstyles, because we believe they allow flexibility and tremendous growth opportunities that enable a better way to work and live. Connecting great people with great companies is what we do best, and our employment opportunities span a wide variety of workstyles, skill levels, and industries around the world.
Kelly is an equal opportunity employer committed to employing a diverse workforce, including, but not limited to, minorities, females, individuals with disabilities, protected veterans, sexual orientation, gender identity. Equal Employment Opportunity is The Law.]] About Kelly Services
Kelly Services, Inc. (NASDAQ: KELYA, KELYB) is a leader in providing workforce solutions.
Kelly offers a comprehensive array of outsourcing and consulting services as well as world-class staffing on a temporary, temporary-to-hire, and direct-hire basis.
Serving clients around the globe, Kelly provided employment to more than 540,000 employees in 2013. Revenue in 2013 was $5.4 billion.
Apply on company website