Kelly Services is seeking an Accounting Operations Specialist for the state and local government in Indianapolis, IN.
Job Title: Accounting Operations Specialist
Location: Indianapolis, IN 46204
Job Type: Contract
Length: At least 6 Months from projected start date
Est. Start Date: 12/9/19
Hours: 8am – 4pm, M-F
Pay Rate: $27.69 per hour
Purpose of Position/Summary:
This position serves as a senior accountant within the Accounting Operations group and is primarily responsible for completing the more complex accounting functions, such as ensuring daily revenues received are processed into PeopleSoft timely and accurately, account analysis is completed to ensure proper application of revenue to the State's fund/accounts, work procedures are current and updated as necessary. This position is responsible for completing complex system-to-system and material balance sheet account reconciliations, and for reconfiguring existing accounts to simplify the process of reconciliations. The position assists Deputy Controller, Accounting Operations & Finance Controls with monitoring compliance with key controls and policy development in conjunction with all accounting matters and audits.
Essential Duties / Responsibilities:
- Records all revenue receipts and posts daily Report of Collection entries into PeopleSoft/ENCOMPASS Financials with multi-layer reconciliation to the taxpayer systems.
- Performs key validations and internal control functions to ensure agency's revenue of $20+Billion are recorded accurately and timely, and that those funds are distributed appropriately to other agencies, counties, and localities.
- Provides analytical support and governance over the reconciliation process between tax systems, the sub-ledger and general ledger
- Actively contribute to developing, implementing, and managing process improvement projects throughout the project life cycle including requirements definition, design, development, user acceptance testing, and deployment phases
- Perform maintenance on the internal systems Chart of Accounts, inclusive of account setup, certification, and periodic reviews
- Prepare and maintain current, accurate, and detailed operational procedures and system workflows.
- Proficiency with Access, Excel, Word, PowerPoint, VBA, and SQL queries.
- Strong focus on customer service and maintaining high standards of integrity
- Be a self-starter who is curious, independently pursues knowledge, and is willing and able to learn quickly
- Plays a key role in accounting operations projects and process improvements.
- Prepares routine and ad hoc management reporting – trend and variance analysis – useful for timely alerting of and correction of processing errors or significant operational changes/issues
- Performs related duties as assigned.
- Requires a bachelor's degree in Accounting or at least five (5) years of accounting/analysis experience within the Indiana State.
- Four to six years of experience in Accounting or related area
- Knowledge and ability to use automated financial and accounting reporting systems
- Ability to formulate sound recommendations and make appropriate decisions with consideration of potential impact on operations
- Ability to communicate effectively with higher levels of management on accounting issues
- Ability to maintain confidentiality
- Ability to performs a varienty of tasks and be flexible with changing priorities and processes
- Knowledge of current and changing State and Federal laws and regulations
- Ability to accurately comply with new principles and procedures
- Ability to interpret questions correctly and communicate effectively both orally and in writing
- Considerate knowledge of federal and state accounting laws
- Strong Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Outlook and Access) skills
- Knowledge and ability to formulate, implement and remediate key controls
- Ability to organize and prioritize time sensitive daily tasks and activities
- Ability to solve relatively complex accounting problems
- Ability to reconcilie discrepancies in accounts
- Ability to develop effective relationships with all staff levels within DOR and other state agencies
- Ability to work well under pressure, learn and function well under widely different situations and circumstances
Difficulty of Work:
Applies standard procedures and techniques to evaluate, investigate and analyze revenue accounts. Incumbent works with complex variables, which changes continuously due to updating of federal and state guidelines and policies. Guidelines consist of generally accepted principles, procedures and theories of accounting as well as federal and state laws, policies and procedures pertaining to governmental accounting. Incumbent must be able to identify problems/errors regarding complex accounts and satisfactorily resolve within a reasonable time.
Incumbent's overall primary responsibility will be ensure the accurate, timely and consistent classification, reporting and distribution of $18+Billion annual revenue collected by IDOR.
Personal Work Relationships:
The incumbent works with IDOR management and employees, and employees from other state agencies for the purpose of giving detailed explanations for revenue account variances, responding to questions, assisting in problem resolution involving routine and non-routine issues and maintaining coordination.
**Important information: This position is recruited for by a remote Kelly office, not your local Kelly branch. If you have questions about the position, you may contact the recruiter recruiting for this position Robv492@kellyservices.com however, your resume should be uploaded via the “SUBMIT RESUME” button included within**
With Kelly, accounting and finance professionals like you will have access to some of the world's most respected companies—providing you with challenging, high-visibility projects that can transform your career. We work with 90 of the Fortune 100 companies and found opportunities for more than 5,500 finance and accounting professionals last year. Let us help advance your career today.About Kelly®
At Kelly, we're always thinking about what's next and advising job seekers on new ways of working to reach their full potential. In fact, we're a leading advocate for temporary/nontraditional workstyles, because we believe they allow flexibility and tremendous growth opportunities that enable a better way to work and live. Connecting great people with great companies is what we do best, and our employment opportunities span a wide variety of workstyles, skill levels, and industries around the world.
Kelly is an equal opportunity employer committed to employing a diverse workforce, including, but not limited to, minorities, females, individuals with disabilities, protected veterans, sexual orientation, gender identity. Equal Employment Opportunity is The Law.]] About Kelly Services
Kelly Services, Inc. (NASDAQ: KELYA, KELYB) is a leader in providing workforce solutions.
Kelly offers a comprehensive array of outsourcing and consulting services as well as world-class staffing on a temporary, temporary-to-hire, and direct-hire basis.
Serving clients around the globe, Kelly provided employment to more than 540,000 employees in 2013. Revenue in 2013 was $5.4 billion.
Apply on company website