One of the world's leading providers of supply chain solutions, combining its core products of Air Freight, Ocean Freight, and Logistics to deliver globally integrated, tailor-made end-to-end solutions is hiring locally. Purpose of Position: Air Freight Forwarder
Air Import / Export
- To serve as a point of contact for the customer and documentation processing unit, ensuring operational excellence, high productivity and customer satisfaction.
- Receive and validate customer order
- Issue shipment handling instructions to Document Processing staff
- Reserve file number
- File tariff rate if applicable
- Arrange for pick-up/transfer of cargo
- Answer all customer inquiries in accordance with the Customer Service Policy standards
- Further increase customer satisfaction and business share through proactive and regular contact
- Establish customer communication preference, i.e., phone, e-mail, fax, visit
- Handle and manage all customer contact at file level regarding exceptions
- Serve as a liaison between Document Processing and customer regarding all shipment details
- Provide accurate job costing forecast
- Assist Sales in compiling quotes by providing rates, tariffs, etc.
- Work with Sales on account implementation, ensuring a smooth transition from Sales to
- Other duties as requested
Skills & Requirements
- Excellent communication skills
- Strong interpersonal skills to effectively interact with Internal and External Customers
- Excellent knowledge of freight forwarding and regulatory requirements with proven track record of 2 years in industry (Ocean Export)
- Knowledge of all company products
- Thorough and comprehensive knowledge of company strategy, structure and pricing
- Good judgment skills and ability to make decisions
- Team player
- Proficient in company freight forwarding and MS Office applications
*Fluent in additional languages are a plus. *Must have intermediate skills in Microsoft Excel
*Must have basic skills in other Microsoft applications (Word, PowerPoint, etc)
Kelly Temporary Employee Perks:
Kelly-sponsored Affordable Care Act health care coverage available for eligible employee
Group medical, prescription, vision, dental, life, and short-term disability insurance options that are available for purchase-and the coverage is portable*
Service bonus plan
Holiday pay plan
Weekly electronic pay options
Free online training campus available
Exclusive online employee community
Employee assistance program (EAP) available at no cost
Transportation spending accounts
Only candidates with related and recent experience will be contacted for an interview.
As a worker today, it's up to you to take charge of your career and look for opportunities to learn, grow, and achieve your potential. Helping you find what's next is what we're all about. We know what's going on in the evolving world of work—just ask the nearly 500,000 people we employ each year. Connecting with us means getting the support, guidance, and opportunities needed to take your career where you may have never imagined.About Kelly®
At Kelly, we're always thinking about what's next and advising job seekers on new ways of working to reach their full potential. In fact, we're a leading advocate for temporary/nontraditional workstyles, because we believe they allow flexibility and tremendous growth opportunities that enable a better way to work and live. Connecting great people with great companies is what we do best, and our employment opportunities span a wide variety of workstyles, skill levels, and industries around the world.
Kelly is an equal opportunity employer committed to employing a diverse workforce, including, but not limited to, minorities, females, individuals with disabilities, protected veterans, sexual orientation, gender identity. Equal Employment Opportunity is The Law.]] About Kelly Services
Kelly Services, Inc. (NASDAQ: KELYA, KELYB) is a leader in providing workforce solutions.
Kelly offers a comprehensive array of outsourcing and consulting services as well as world-class staffing on a temporary, temporary-to-hire, and direct-hire basis.
Serving clients around the globe, Kelly provided employment to more than 540,000 employees in 2013. Revenue in 2013 was $5.4 billion.
Apply on company website