Kelly Government Solutions is a strategic supplier and business partner to the federal government and its key suppliers. Through our partnership with the National Institutes of Health, Kelly Government Solutions offers administrative, IT, engineering, scientific, and healthcare professionals the opportunity to work with the leading medical research center in the world. We are seeking an experienced individual to work as a Bioinformatics Scientist at the National Institutes of Health in Bethesda, MD.
This is a long-term contract position which offers:
- Competitive compensation and comprehensive benefit package
- Optional health, vision, and dental plans
- Vacation leave as well as 10 paid federal holidays and 401K plan.
- Access to NIH's unparalleled resources and niche scientific initiatives
TASKS/SERVICES. The contractor shall:
- Perform computational analysis, integration, and modeling of diverse data sets, to include DNA and protein/peptide arrays, bulk and single-cell RNAseq, highly multiplexed CITE-seq panel, highly multiplexed serum proteomics, and pathogen discovery by sequencing.
- Perform computational epidemiology incorporating and applying techniques from epidemiology, molecular biology, applied mathematics, theoretical computer science, machine learning, and high performance computing to apply and/or develop novel computational methods for understanding and controlling spatio-temporal disease spread.
- Liaison with NIH/NIAID IT and high-performance computing teams to set up, develop, and maintain necessary computational infrastructure and tools for research.
- Prepare scientific manuscripts and presentations.
REQUIREMENTS. The contractor must have:
- Ph.D. or MS in bioinformatics, computational biology/epidemiology or related discipline.
- Minimum of two (2) years of experience analyzing bulk and single-cell RNA-Seq, serum proteome, microbiome profiling or similar datasets.
- Practical knowledge of, and skill in, computerized data analysis, database management, and computer programming sufficient for the analysis of genomics datasets, including experience with the operation and maintenance of computers with Linux, Mac OS, or Microsoft operating systems.
- Programming experience in environments such as Linux, Bioconductor R, Perl and/or Python.
- Computer programming skills with proficiency in R and at least one scripting language (Perl/Python/Ruby).
- Proficiency in C/C++ and/or Java as well as experience with multiple OS platforms, and experience with database design and construction, and dynamical system theory and modeling are pluses.
PLEASE APPLY ONLINE
When you apply, please know a Kelly Government Solutions Recruiter will review your resume and will contact you directly, if your skills and experience match the requirements of this position; a full job description can be made available at that time.
Due to the high volume of inquiries, we regret that we cannot accept phone calls. Even if you aren't contacted for this position, you are still part of our talent network. All Kelly recruiters have access to your profile, which expands your opportunities even further.
As a specialty talent company, Kelly is committed to doing the right thing for our talent and clients. We stand up for equity, inclusion, fair treatment, and opportunity for all as these build the foundation of our Talent Promise. With a focus on safety, value, well-being, investment, and opportunity, Kelly's Talent Promise confirms our commitment to those in search of a better way to work and live and to help discover what's next.
It is obvious things are different than they were just a few months ago. Kelly is at the forefront of ensuring the safety of our employees in this new working environment. Be well and stay strong.
Looking to connect with premier government agencies or the top 25 federal government contractors? Kelly® Government offers a variety of full-time, project (SOW), seasonal, and surge support opportunities in science, engineering, technical, professional, and administrative support roles. Our experts will find you the opportunity that fits your schedule and interests and handle the details of transferring and processing all levels of security clearances. It's just another way we make the job search work for you.About Kelly®
At Kelly, we're always thinking about what's next and advising job seekers on new ways of working to reach their full potential. In fact, we're a leading advocate for temporary/nontraditional workstyles, because we believe they allow flexibility and tremendous growth opportunities that enable a better way to work and live (plus, did we mention we provide a ton of benefits). Connecting great people with great companies is what we do best, and our employment opportunities span a wide variety of workstyles, skill levels, and industries around the world.
Kelly is an equal opportunity employer committed to employing a diverse workforce, including, but not limited to, minorities, females, individuals with disabilities, protected veterans, sexual orientation, gender identity Equal Employment Opportunity is The Law.]] About Kelly Services
Kelly Services, Inc. (NASDAQ: KELYA, KELYB) is a leader in providing workforce solutions.
Kelly offers a comprehensive array of outsourcing and consulting services as well as world-class staffing on a temporary, temporary-to-hire, and direct-hire basis.
Serving clients around the globe, Kelly provided employment to more than 540,000 employees in 2013. Revenue in 2013 was $5.4 billion.
Apply on company website