Bioprocessing Manufacturing Technician (Vacaville, CA)
You must have open schedule availability to work 10 to 12 hour shifts including one weekend day, and day, evening or night hours, on off-shifts.
As a member of our world-class manufacturing team in Vacaville, you'll be responsible for producing innovative biotherapeutic medicines for patients with serious or life-threatening medical conditions. In addition to specific departmental responsibilities below, you will be responsible for compliance to safety requirements, current Good Manufacturing Practices, Standard Operating Procedures and manufacturing documentation. Your job will include interfacing with highly automated production systems and controls, and maintaining areas in a high state of inspection preparedness.
- Within the Cell Culture Manufacturing department, you will: Take an active role in the production of mammalian cell-based products by cleaning, sterilizing and operating fixed vessel systems for media preparation, cell culture fermentation, and harvest operations.
- In our Purification Operations Group, you will: Operate and clean fixed tank and filtration systems, and operate large scale column chromatography systems.
- In the Cell Culture Services department, you will: Operate the small-scale cell culture areas and systems by operating, cleaning, setting up, and maintaining 20L batch re-feed bioreactors; inoculating and maintaining spinner seed cultures using aseptic techniques, maintaining cell banks; and performing general seed lab operations.
- In our Centralized Manufacturing Services department, you will: Provide support to Manufacturing and Quality departments to meet production demands by operating the Distributed Control System DCS via a Human Machine Interface HMI for equipment operation, performing CIP and SIP for all portable tanks, assembling and preparing 20 liter bioreactors, autoclaving solutions, weighing and dispensing dry components and liquid aliquots, gathering, processing and delivering labware and glassware while providing quality service.
Skills: Pre-employment medical physical is required if selected.
REQUIREMENTS: For jobs in all of the Manufacturing departments, qualifications are listed below.
- You must possess good interpersonal, communication and team skills, have a strong focus on quality and attention to detail.
- You must have open schedule availability to work 10 to 12 hour shifts including one weekend day, and day, evening or night hours, on off-shifts.
- Requires overtime as needed.
- Must be a motivated self-starter with a mechanical aptitude.
- Familiarity with computer-based systems is desirable.
Education: BS/BA in Biological Sciences, Physical Sciences, Engineering or an equivalent combination of some college education with a focus in science and related work experience
With Kelly, you'll have access to some of the world's highest regarded scientific organizations—providing you with opportunities to work on today's most challenging, research-intensive, and relevant projects. Our connections can lead you to innovative scientific pursuits you'll be proud to help advance. We work with 90 of the Fortune 100 companies and found opportunities for more than 10,000 scientific professionals last year.
You pursued a career in science to fuel your quest for knowledge and your desire to make the world a better place. Let Kelly fuel your career—connect with us today.About Kelly®
At Kelly, we're always thinking about what's next and advising job seekers on new ways of working to reach their full potential. In fact, we're a leading advocate for temporary/nontraditional workstyles, because we believe they allow flexibility and tremendous growth opportunities that enable a better way to work and live. Connecting great people with great companies is what we do best, and our employment opportunities span a wide variety of workstyles, skill levels, and industries around the world.
Kelly is an equal opportunity employer committed to employing a diverse workforce, including, but not limited to, minorities, females, individuals with disabilities, protected veterans, sexual orientation, gender identity. Equal Employment Opportunity is The Law.]] About Kelly Services
Kelly Services, Inc. (NASDAQ: KELYA, KELYB) is a leader in providing workforce solutions.
Kelly offers a comprehensive array of outsourcing and consulting services as well as world-class staffing on a temporary, temporary-to-hire, and direct-hire basis.
Serving clients around the globe, Kelly provided employment to more than 540,000 employees in 2013. Revenue in 2013 was $5.4 billion.
Apply on company website