Kelly Services is recruiting a Buyer within the Global Planning Operations team supporting the Power Tools business. This position will be based in Palm Beach Gardens Florida and will report to the Global Planning Manager.
Duration: Long-Term Temporary open ended contract assignment.
The buyer will support the procurement and planning responsibilities. The candidate will design, development and institutionalization of a best practice supply planning process with key business partners. Manage tactical execution of purchasing function for Power Tools as needed through life cycle (NPI to base business).
Position duties & responsibilitiesGeneral
- Purchase Orders life cycle management (RFP, PO generation, receipt, invoicing); Integrity of PO's (keeping orders accurate in the system)
- Develop and execute RFQ (Requests for Quotation)
- Communicating with Suppliers to ensure supply reliability (confirm availability, expediting)
- Resolve invoicing issues with PO
- Collaborate/Support Source, R&D and Supplier Quality during supplier issue resolution
- Monitor supply reliability, NPD supplier performance (On Time Delivery-OTD), inventory
- Receiving priorities
- Inspection priorities
- Slob Review
- PIR creation/updates
- PPV analysis
- Annual Std cost review
- SS analysis
- LT Review/update
- CO approval
- Partner with SQA and Source for Supplier quality issues
- Planning activities:
- WC RCCP/cMPS volume alignment,
- Production schedules
- WO creation
- Shop floor control
- Inspection priorities
- Capture, reconcile and report metrics data
- A minimum of a Bachelor's degree is required, preferably in Supply Chain Management, Engineering or a related discipline.
- A minimum of 1 year of job experience in supply chain planning and/or a related discipline, is required
- Familiarity with relevant legislation (e.g. GMP, ISO requirements) is desirable
- Ability to share knowledge and personal experience with peers.
- Ability to build strong collaborative relationships, considering diverse perspectives and styles.
- Ability to target communications as appropriate for the audience and make presentations to a small to medium sized audience.
- Ability to influence others in a matrix environment.
- Ability to challenge the status quo and evaluate/improve processes using continuous improvement tools.
- Data mining & reporting skills through MS Excel or equivalent.
- Strong organization skills and an aptitude for planning.
- Accuracy with attention to detail.
- Proactive approach.
- Proficient user of Microsoft Office, Excel, Word, PowerPoint.
- Ability to translate complex situations into simple working solutions.
Why Kelly® Why Kelly®
At Kelly Services®, we work with the best. Our clients include 95 of the Fortune 100™ companies, and more than 70,000 hiring managers rely on Kelly annually to access the best talent to drive their business forward. If you only make one career connection today, connect with Kelly.About Kelly Services
Kelly Services, Inc. (NASDAQ: KELYA, KELYB) is a leader in providing workforce solutions.
Kelly offers a comprehensive array of outsourcing and consulting services as well as world-class staffing on a temporary, temporary-to-hire, and direct-hire basis.
Serving clients around the globe, Kelly provided employment to more than 540,000 employees in 2013. Revenue in 2013 was $5.4 billion.
Apply on company website