Tactical management of a portfolio of raw materials. Responsible for the execution of "buy" messages, management of defer & expedite messages) as well as issue resolution related to day-to-day business (related to suppliers and the procurement of raw materials).
• Answers MRP messages
• Directs 2 other buyers (one exempt, one hourly)
• Review shortages and resolves tactically
• Consolidates gaps in supply and escalates issues
• Audit purchasing system parameters
• Supports NPI process, ensure new parts are set up
• Coordinates with planning and logistics to effectively recover from changes in demand or material availability
• Prepares and issue PO's for Raw Materials, MRO and Spare parts for the Puerto Rico site.
• Process purchases based on system requirements. Ensure appropriate inventory levels.
• Monitor supplier performance based on quality, cost, lead time and service levels. Parts need to be
available on time and cost effectively.
• Monitor forecast fluctuations and material shortages to ensure timely communication with
• Monitor excess inventory and work with the plant's SCM team and with corporate the disposition of
obsolete and non-moving material.
• Maintain purchase order and buy messages information on the system. Address and resolve
general discrepancies involving payment, quality, receiving, contract, and PO differences.
• Identify and drive localization opportunities in Puerto Rico that can result in lead time reduction on
parts and on cost savings for the company.
• Work with our corporate strategic purchasing team in corporate on contract negotiation, cost down
opportunities, lead time reduction, etc.
• Support logistics related activities related to import and exporting of raw material, MROs, spare parts or services
• Will be accountable for the following metrics:
o Buy message execution rate
o Inventory Control (Raw Material, MRO, Spare Parts)
o Material Expediting Process
- 4 year degree in Supply Chain or Industrial Engineering; MBA preferred
- Minimum cumulative GPA of 3.0 for all degrees earned 6 years as a Material Buyer and/or Planner; 3 as a supervisor
- Excellent written and spoken communication skills in Spanish and English
- Experience in high mix, low volume manufacturing environments, electronic/mechanical industry preferred.
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Oracle experience preferred
Your engineering skills are in demand, but how do you find the right fit? Easy. With Kelly® Engineering, our experts connect you with leading organizations where you can learn and grow, collaborate on innovative projects, and keep your skills sharp with top technology. Whether you prefer the variety and flexibility of short-term projects, or are looking for something more long-term, we're here every step of the way to find your dream engineering job.About Kelly®
At Kelly, we're always thinking about what's next and advising job seekers on new ways of working to reach their full potential. In fact, we're a leading advocate for temporary/nontraditional workstyles, because we believe they allow flexibility and tremendous growth opportunities that enable a better way to work and live (plus, did we mention we provide a ton of benefits). Connecting great people with great companies is what we do best, and our employment opportunities span a wide variety of workstyles, skill levels, and industries around the world.
Kelly is an equal opportunity employer committed to employing a diverse workforce and providing accommodations for people with disabilities in all parts of the hiring process as required under its Employment Accommodation Policy. Kelly will work with applicants to meet accommodation needs that are made known to Kelly in advance.]] About Kelly Services
Kelly Services, Inc. (NASDAQ: KELYA, KELYB) is a leader in providing workforce solutions.
Kelly offers a comprehensive array of outsourcing and consulting services as well as world-class staffing on a temporary, temporary-to-hire, and direct-hire basis.
Serving clients around the globe, Kelly provided employment to more than 540,000 employees in 2013. Revenue in 2013 was $5.4 billion.
Apply on company website