Chemist I, Lake Forest, CA
Direct Hire, $25-30/hr Exempt
Hours: Monday - Friday 8:00am - 5:00pm or 7:00am - 4:00pm
Position Summary: The level I Chemist will perform standard chemical and physical analysis of inner and outer nutritional products in the quality control lab using wet chemistry techniques and instrumental analyses.
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Performs laboratory testing (qualitative and quantitative chemical and physical analysis of raw materials, finished products and/or stability samples).
- Prepares standards and reagents; calibrates and operates sophisticated laboratory instrumentation such as HPLC, FTIR, UV- Visible spectrophotometer
- Reviews product certificates of analysis for accuracy and conformance and maintain C of A files
- Performs routine calibration and performance verification of lab equipment and instrumentation
- Provides input on Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs), Test Methods and other relevant laboratory documents
- Participate in investigations, address Out of Specifications (OOS), resolve deviations and implement CAPA with general supervision
- Comply with current Good Manufacturing Practices (cGMP) and Good Documentation Practices (GDP). Documents data in lab notebook and follow basic cGMP guidelines
- Follow ISO17025 requirements in sample testing
- Interprets test results and compares with determined standards and limits. Interprets and compares data and historical records and trend verification under general supervision
- Maintains a safe, clean and efficient laboratory
- Perform other duties as assigned
- Education: Bachelor of Science (BS) in Chemistry, Biochemistry or related scientific fields
- 1 -3+ years previous experience in an analytical laboratory of qualitative or quantitative analyses
- Experience in various wet chemical analysis and/or instrumental analysis utilizing FTIR, HPLC, GC and UV-Visible spectrophotometry
- Ability to execute testing according to established methods
- Demonstrates basic proficiency in lab instrumentation and multiple test methods
- Ability to solve practical problems and carry out responsibilities under general supervision
- Ability to organize workload for effective implementation
- Strong customer and results orientation
- Ability to interact effectively at all levels with sensitivity to cultural diversity
- Ability to function as an effective team member
- Ability to adapt as the external environment and organization evolves
- Master of Science (MS) in Chemistry, Biochemistry or related scientific fields
- Knowledge of LC/MS and GC/MS
- Previous cGMP regulation and compliance knowledge
- Nutraceutical or pharmaceutical laboratory work experience
- Knowledge in ISO17025 Lab Management
Apply today! Question? Email email@example.com
With Kelly, you'll have access to some of the world's highest regarded scientific organizations—providing you with opportunities to work on today's most challenging, research-intensive, and relevant projects. Our connections can lead you to innovative scientific pursuits you'll be proud to help advance. We work with 90 of the Fortune 100 companies and found opportunities for more than 10,000 scientific professionals last year.
You pursued a career in science to fuel your quest for knowledge and your desire to make the world a better place. Let Kelly fuel your career—connect with us today.About Kelly®
At Kelly, we're always thinking about what's next and advising job seekers on new ways of working to reach their full potential. In fact, we're a leading advocate for temporary/nontraditional workstyles, because we believe they allow flexibility and tremendous growth opportunities that enable a better way to work and live. Connecting great people with great companies is what we do best, and our employment opportunities span a wide variety of workstyles, skill levels, and industries around the world.
Kelly is an equal opportunity employer committed to employing a diverse workforce, including, but not limited to, minorities, females, individuals with disabilities, protected veterans, sexual orientation, gender identity. Equal Employment Opportunity is The Law.]] About Kelly Services
Kelly Services, Inc. (NASDAQ: KELYA, KELYB) is a leader in providing workforce solutions.
Kelly offers a comprehensive array of outsourcing and consulting services as well as world-class staffing on a temporary, temporary-to-hire, and direct-hire basis.
Serving clients around the globe, Kelly provided employment to more than 540,000 employees in 2013. Revenue in 2013 was $5.4 billion.
Apply on company website