Computer Programmer - NIH - Bethesda, MD
Kelly Government Solutions is a strategic supplier and business partner to the federal government and its key suppliers. Through our partnership with the National Institutes of Health, Kelly Government Solutions offers administrative, IT, engineering, scientific, and healthcare professionals the opportunity to work with one of the most prestigious research organizations in the world. We are currently seeking a Computer Programmer to work onsite with the National Institutes of Health in Bethesda, MD.
OVERVIEW. This is a long-term, open-ended contract position which offers:
- Competitive salary with a comprehensive benefits package.
- Tremendous room for personal growth and career development.
- Opportunity to work at the National Institutes of Health (NIH), the world's foremost medical research center.
TASKS/SERVICES. The contractor shall have the following duties:
- Troubleshoot existing scripts to ensure successful application in SSA environment
- Evaluate data elements provided by SSA for their applicability to specific projects and analyses and suggest which elements would be most useful for the intended purpose
- Organize, clean, and summarize data provided by SSA to prepare for further analysis
- Write Windows scripts to create workflows (and perform batch processing)
- Troubleshoot scripts and programs to ensure successful use of said scripts and programs in the SSA environment
- Test programs on datasets in the SSA environment to identify issues and possible solutions
- Collaborate with researchers to turn research ideas/algorithms/publications/prototype codes into robust and scalable codes
Natural Language Processing (NLP):
- Index text documents (for key words or phrases)
- Develop scripts to search/retrieve/visualize text information
- Use data visualization to translate data questions into visual queries
- Read and interpret patterns, trends, and correlations from data visualizations
- Use data visualization to support development of ontology / subontologies of function
- Develop information graphics
- Test and evaluate developed scripts, modify algorithms as needed to improve retrieval precision
- Retrieve text information (e.g., medical decision files)
- Evaluate and analyze retrieved information
- Support the creation of NLP toolkits and algorithms
- Develop graphic user interfaces (GUIs)
- Develop interface with GATE annotation software
- Develop interface for terminology building (sublanguage analysis)
- Develop interface for information retrieval
- Develop scripts to examine, evaluate, and support interlingua methods and analysis
Optical Character Recognition (OCR):
- Scan documents/data
- Evaluate quality and accuracy of scanned documents and data and make adjustments as needed (e.g., clean up errors)
- Trial different OCR software to find the tools and workflows that work best for different projects
General Software, Hardware, and Systems Support:
- Responsible for monitoring/maintenance/troubleshooting of Linux and Windows servers
- Support software installation in the SSA environment
- Assist in maintaining section hardware systems
- Serve as system administrator for section systems including stewardship of security, access, and maintenance
REQUIREMENTS. The contractor must have:
- Bachelor's degree in computational and data sciences or a related field. Four (4) years of specialized experience plus a High School diploma is equivalent to a BA/BS degree.
- Minimum of five (5) years professional experience in coding and methodology relevant to the tasks of this SOW
- Proficient with using cloud services (AWS) in data science solutions
- Experience using TensorFlow, Scikit-Learn, and/or PyTorch
- Experience processing and converting data among different formats, such as TXT, CSV, JSON, HTML, XML
- Knowledge of programming languages including Java and Python
- Proficient in BASH, PHP, and HTML
- Attention to detail in writing and testing code
- Ability to work effectively both in teams and independently; professional presence for independent interaction with SSA analytic team
- Ability to communicate effectively, verbally and in writing
- Timely delivery of contract products
- Strong communications skills, both oral and written.
- Excellent analytical, organizational and time management skills.
PLEASE APPLY ONLINE.
Note that the phone number for our NIH branch is not listed. Due to the high volume of inquiries, we regret that we cannot accept phone calls. All qualified candidates will be contacted.
About Kelly Services
Kelly Services, Inc. (NASDAQ: KELYA, KELYB) is a leader in providing workforce solutions.
Kelly offers a comprehensive array of outsourcing and consulting services as well as world-class staffing on a temporary, temporary-to-hire, and direct-hire basis.
Serving clients around the globe, Kelly provided employment to more than 540,000 employees in 2013. Revenue in 2013 was $5.4 billion.
Apply on company website