Construction Laborer does physical labor on construction sites. They may prepare sites by cleaning them, loading or unloading materials and removing hazards. A general laborer may also run some types of equipment, or put together and take apart scaffolding and other temporary structures. They are essential to highway construction, building, and environmental remediation.
Some responsabilities could be:
- Perform all duties assigned by the construction supervisor
- Carry materials and supplies to job site so they are ready for installation or other tasks
- Test equipment and machinery to ensure it is in good working order
- Clean up job site at end of day and ensure all equipment is properly secure
- Learn carpentry, electrical work, plumbing and other specialized skills as required by the construction supervisor
- Follow instructions to ensure safety of entire team
- Measure and cut material to desired specifications
- High school diploma/GED completed
- Experience on a construction crew preferred but not required
- Willingness to learn construction skills on-site
- Ability to complete work on time and on budget with minimal supervision
- Excellent verbal communication skills
- Ability to work in all weather conditions
- Advanced organizational skills
As a worker today, it's up to you to take charge of your career and look for opportunities to learn, grow, and achieve your potential. Helping you find what's next is what we're all about. We know what's going on in the evolving world of work—just ask the 440,000 people we employ each year. Connecting with us means getting the support, guidance, and opportunities needed to take your career where you may have never imagined.About Kelly®
At Kelly, we're always thinking about what's next and advising job seekers on new ways of working to reach their full potential. In fact, we're a leading advocate for temporary/nontraditional workstyles, because we believe they allow flexibility and tremendous growth opportunities that enable a better way to work and live. Connecting great people with great companies is what we do best, and our employment opportunities span a wide variety of workstyles, skill levels, and industries around the world.
Kelly is an equal opportunity employer committed to employing a diverse workforce, including, but not limited to, minorities, females, individuals with disabilities, protected veterans, sexual orientation, gender identity. Equal Employment Opportunity is The Law.]] About Kelly Services
Kelly Services, Inc. (NASDAQ: KELYA, KELYB) is a leader in providing workforce solutions.
Kelly offers a comprehensive array of outsourcing and consulting services as well as world-class staffing on a temporary, temporary-to-hire, and direct-hire basis.
Serving clients around the globe, Kelly provided employment to more than 540,000 employees in 2013. Revenue in 2013 was $5.4 billion.
Apply on company website