Kelly Engineering Resources has an exciting direct-hire opportunity for a skilled Controls Technician to join a leading integrated systems solutions provider in Troy, Michigan!
This individual will work within a project team of controls engineers and technicians to fulfill the instrumentation and controls responsibilities for a variety of process and industrial projects.
- Design set-up and perform system functionality tests on equipment at customer sites.
- Obtain, review and report on equipment quotations, contractor bids, proposals, and technical submissions.
- Obtain and review quotes and purchase electrical and controls equipment for projects.
- Generate field sketches and diagrams to communicate systems installation requirements to construction personnel.
- Perform onsite startup and validation of equipment, could include stays for up to two weeks at a time, at certain stages of projects. I/O checkout and troubleshooting, calibration of instrumentation.
- Ability to troubleshoot and diagnose issues of all types of equipment and instrumentation (mechanical and electrical test equipment measurement devices, actuators, control systems, motor drives, pumps, valves, regulators, etc.).
- Will work with other engineers to design, set up and perform system functionality tests on equipment in our fabrication facility, and at customer sites to verify proper system operation as defined by control sequences.
- Minimum 1-2 years field experience in the commissioning and startup of PLC systems.
- Ability to prioritize multiple tasks as well as a proven record of excellent client service is a must.
- Experience in instrumentation, calibration, checkout and troubleshooting.
- Ability to understand and interpret P&IDs and schematics.
- Highly effective oral and written communication skills and highly effective interpersonal skills.
- Must be able to travel to customer facilities and work on site for equipment installation and commissioning.
- Comprehensive health care benefits
- 401(k) employer match program
- Bonus incentive program,
- Paid time off, paid holidays and summer hours
- A positive, collaborative company culture, named “Top Workplace” of 2019, 2020 & 2021!
Your engineering skills are in demand, but how do you find the right fit? Easy. With Kelly® Engineering, our experts connect you with leading organizations where you can learn and grow, collaborate on innovative projects, and keep your skills sharp with top technology. Whether you prefer the variety and flexibility of short-term projects, or are looking for something more long-term, we're here every step of the way to find your dream engineering job.About Kelly®
At Kelly, we're always thinking about what's next and advising job seekers on new ways of working to reach their full potential. In fact, we're a leading advocate for temporary/nontraditional workstyles, because we believe they allow flexibility and tremendous growth opportunities that enable a better way to work and live (plus, did we mention we provide a ton of benefits). Connecting great people with great companies is what we do best, and our employment opportunities span a wide variety of workstyles, skill levels, and industries around the world.
Kelly is an equal opportunity employer committed to employing a diverse workforce and providing accommodations for people with disabilities in all parts of the hiring process as required under its Employment Accommodation Policy. Kelly will work with applicants to meet accommodation needs that are made known to Kelly in advance.]] About Kelly Services
Kelly Services, Inc. (NASDAQ: KELYA, KELYB) is a leader in providing workforce solutions.
Kelly offers a comprehensive array of outsourcing and consulting services as well as world-class staffing on a temporary, temporary-to-hire, and direct-hire basis.
Serving clients around the globe, Kelly provided employment to more than 540,000 employees in 2013. Revenue in 2013 was $5.4 billion.
Apply on company website