Data Entry / Medical Billing Assistant, Canandaigua, NY
The Billing Assistant is responsible for entering medical and surgical encounters following patients' visits, electronic submissions of all insurance claims, posting payments to patient accounts, and addressing denied or incorrectly paid claims. This is a temp to hire position, Monday-Friday, 8:00AM-4:30PM, with wage between $15.00 and $18.00 an hour.
- Enter medical encounters through encounter tracking system within 24 hours of visit whenever possible.
- Submit surgery claims within 48 hours of surgeries being performed.
- Post personal payments and insurance payments to patient accounts.
- Obtain submission reports and assure accurate filing of claims.
- Work any denials received on reports.
- Be responsible for personal cash out daily with understanding of daily closeout process.
- Attend coding seminars to further understanding of CPT, ICD-10 and HCPCS coding as necessary.
- Scan any and all remittances or other financial paperwork to appropriate folders.
- Process WC and MVA claims by contacting employers, carriers, etc.
- Cross train for coverage of other accounting positions.
- Answer telephone and retrieve hunt group messages.
- Work assigned insurance companies open/unpaid claims and submit adjustments as necessary.
- Complete scanning weekly.
- Participate in month end closing procedures and reports.
- Preferred Certification for Coder and/or Biller.
- Knowledge of CPT, ICD-10 and HCPCS coding systems.
- Knowledge of Medent Practice Management or other medical PM system.
- Knowledge of Windows / Microsoft Word.
- High level of productivity.
- Knowledge of area insurance plans/carriers.
- Ability to work as a team player and cooperate with fellow staff and managers.
- Willingness to put the good of the practice ahead of personal concerns.
After Being Hired On (typically after 3 months):
- Excellent benefit package including
- Paid time off
- Uniform allowance
- Reduced pricing for some surgeries and cosmetic procedures
- Wage increases based on certifications, longevity, and performance
You're looking to keep your career moving onward and upward, and we're here to help you do just that. Our financial staffing experts will connect you with premier companies for opportunities where you can learn, grow, and thrive. Jobs that fit your skills and experience, and most importantly, fit right on your path of where you want to go in in your career. It all adds up.About Kelly®
At Kelly, we're always thinking about what's next and advising job seekers on new ways of working to reach their full potential. In fact, we're a leading advocate for temporary/nontraditional workstyles, because we believe they allow flexibility and tremendous growth opportunities that enable a better way to work and live (plus, did we mention we provide a ton of benefits). Connecting great people with great companies is what we do best, and our employment opportunities span a wide variety of workstyles, skill levels, and industries around the world.
Kelly is an equal opportunity employer committed to employing a diverse workforce and providing accommodations for people with disabilities in all parts of the hiring process as required under its Employment Accommodation Policy. Kelly will work with applicants to meet accommodation needs that are made known to Kelly in advance.]] About Kelly Services
Kelly Services, Inc. (NASDAQ: KELYA, KELYB) is a leader in providing workforce solutions.
Kelly offers a comprehensive array of outsourcing and consulting services as well as world-class staffing on a temporary, temporary-to-hire, and direct-hire basis.
Serving clients around the globe, Kelly provided employment to more than 540,000 employees in 2013. Revenue in 2013 was $5.4 billion.
Apply on company website