Kelly Services is seeking Delivery Drivers in the Springfield, Va area. To be considered please submit your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. Call us to 540-246-7968 for more details. $40,000 - $49,000 Yearly salary.
The Route Delivery Driver will do the following.
- Deliver product to each of the designated stops on assigned route in a timely and efficient manner and error free
- Check route paperwork prior to leaving yard
- Drive safely and follow all DOT rules and regulations, AND PERFORM PRE-TRIP INSPECTIONS
- Collect any monies due as indicated by invoice
- Complete all necessary paperwork
- Separate, sort and account for all invoices
- Verify and sign off on pick up slips
- Operate vehicle in a variety of traffic and weather conditions
- Meet or exceed minimum productivity levels established by the company
- Develop a good working knowledge of product and inventory control techniques and procedures.
- Handle customer complaints properly
- Handle company equipment properly and follow written driver safety rules.
- Responsible for the proper documentation and disposition for any return product
- Communicate delivery-customer issues to proper authority (sales and accounts receivable)
- Unload product safely and deliver to customer in designated space
- Work overtime if needed
- Responsible for upkeep and cleanliness of vehicles
- Other duties as assigned
- 1 to 2 Years Route delivery experience or applicable driving background
- Valid driver's license in good standing
- No DUI/DWI convictions
- Able to use a hand truck and load bar
- Current Department of Transportation medical card
- Basic knowledge of route delivery area
- Able to read and understand an invoice
- Able to read, write and communicate in English as it relates to the job and to the safety regulations.
- Must pass pre-employment testing (drug screen and background check)
- Must be familiar with the delivery route which he/she is assigned
- Proven ability to work in a fast-paced, high-volume shipping environment
- Ability to work with cross-functional teams
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- High school diploma or GED
- Bilingual (English and Spanish)
3 to 5 years of related experience
Previous food distribution experience
- Requires sitting, walking, standing, bending, use of hands, arms, legs, eyes, and voice
- Several hours outside in all weather conditions delivering products
- Must be able to sustain prolonged periods of standing and walking
- Must be able to bend, lift (at least 55 lb.), stretch, and climb
- Must be able to work across temperature zones (dry/refrigerated/frozen)
As a worker today, it's up to you to take charge of your career and look for opportunities to learn, grow, and achieve your potential. Helping you find what's next is what we're all about. We know what's going on in the evolving world of work—just ask the 440,000 people we employ each year. Connecting with us means getting the support, guidance, and opportunities needed to take your career where you may have never imagined.
At Kelly, we're always thinking about what's next and advising job seekers on new ways of working to reach their full potential. In fact, we're a leading advocate for temporary/nontraditional workstyles, because we believe they allow flexibility and tremendous growth opportunities that enable a better way to work and live (plus, did we mention we provide a ton of benefits). Connecting great people with great companies is what we do best, and our employment opportunities span a wide variety of workstyles, skill levels, and industries around the world.
Kelly is an equal opportunity employer committed to employing a diverse workforce and providing accommodations for people with disabilities in all parts of the hiring process as required under its Employment Accommodation Policy. Kelly will work with applicants to meet accommodation needs that are made known to Kelly in advance.]] About Kelly Services
Kelly Services, Inc. (NASDAQ: KELYA, KELYB) is a leader in providing workforce solutions.
Kelly offers a comprehensive array of outsourcing and consulting services as well as world-class staffing on a temporary, temporary-to-hire, and direct-hire basis.
Serving clients around the globe, Kelly provided employment to more than 540,000 employees in 2013. Revenue in 2013 was $5.4 billion.
Apply on company website