Kelly Science is seeking a EHS Specialist III in Milwaukee, WI.
The EHS Specialist III is a trusted advisor to the business and functional leaders, and will have ownership of the development and maintenance of specific EHS Policies and Procedures of the Milwaukee, WI site's EHS team.
What will you do?
· Establish and maintain EHS policies, programs and procedures that ensure compliance with all applicable federal, state, and local regulations and corporate standards. Some of these programs include the site Injury Illness & Prevention Program, Hazardous Communication Plan, BioSafety Program, Chemical Hygiene Plan, and Ergonomics Program.
· Be a safety advocate. Proactively look for opportunities to improve safety programs and educate and inspire employees to do the same. Drive and implement changes as needed.
· Serve as a technical resource to the company in complex areas of EHS Compliance, risk management, hazardous materials/waste, industrial hygiene, industrial safety, and/or ergonomics.
· Lead monthly Gemba walks identifying opportunities related to EH&S.
· Assist in safety committees and awareness programs.
· Evaluate new hazardous materials to ensure compliance in EHS requirements and facility procedures.
· Conduct EHS reviews for new product development, facility modification, product manufacturing modifications and new equipment/machinery installations.
· Develop and deliver training programs.
· Perform periodic audits to identify potential environmental and workplace hazards, program deficiencies, and liabilities.
· Participate in incident investigations, ensuring root cause and countermeasure identification is completed to eliminate future injury. Review and analyze accident data to identify trends or areas requiring additional focus.
· Complete job safety and ergonomics analysis and other risk assessments, make recommendations and work with management to implement changes when necessary.
· Interface with regulatory agencies and third parties as needed based on project or program responsibilities.
· Establish management change process (MOC)
· Maintain routine safety and environmental reports and records (OSHA logs, Stormwater, etc.).
· Assist with changes to the site to ensure established safety standards are met.
· Drive a focus on safety utilizing lean tools (5S, Gemba, Visual Management, root cause analysis, kaizen, etc.
How will you get here?
· Bachelor's degree in Occupational Safety and Health, Environmental Science, or related scientific discipline such as Biology, Chemistry, or Engineering
· 5-8 years in chemical manufacturing in an environmental health and safety (EHS) role
· Direct experience performing ergonomic evaluations and recommendations.
· Experience in local, state and federal environmental, health and safety regulatory compliance.
· Experience implementing air permits
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities
· Good technical, analytical and project management skills with the ability to successfully manage multiple projects and daily responsibilities.
· Good verbal communication skills and strong interpersonal skills.
Interested? Apply Now!
Kelly® Science & Clinical is your connection to premier scientific and clinical companies looking to hire talented people just like you. Every day, we match science professionals with dream jobs that fit their skills and interests—it's the way we think job searching should be. Nearly 100 percent of our science recruiters have a professional background/education in science, so we know a thing or two about the science market and how to get you noticed.About Kelly®
At Kelly, we're always thinking about what's next and advising job seekers on new ways of working to reach their full potential. In fact, we're a leading advocate for temporary/non-traditional workstyles, because we believe they allow flexibility and tremendous growth opportunities that enable a better way to work and live. Connecting great people with great companies is what we do best, and our employment opportunities span a wide variety of workstyles, skill levels, and industries around the world.
Kelly is an equal opportunity employer committed to employing a diverse workforce and providing accommodations for people with disabilities in all parts of the hiring process as required under its Employment Accommodation Policy. Kelly will work with applicants to meet accommodation needs that are made known to Kelly in advance.]] About Kelly Services
Kelly Services, Inc. (NASDAQ: KELYA, KELYB) is a leader in providing workforce solutions.
Kelly offers a comprehensive array of outsourcing and consulting services as well as world-class staffing on a temporary, temporary-to-hire, and direct-hire basis.
Serving clients around the globe, Kelly provided employment to more than 540,000 employees in 2013. Revenue in 2013 was $5.4 billion.
Apply on company website