Address: Worcester, MA 01604
Tile: Engineer I
Duration: 13 -month contract
Shift: Monday – Friday, 8:30AM – 5PM
Start Date: Dec 9th, 2019
Kelly Services is now hiring an Engineer I for a 13-month contract opportunity located in Worcester, MA. The Engineer I will have the opportunity to work with multi-disciplinary teams to support ongoing production activities, troubleshoot issues, and implement solutions in the biopharmaceutical industry. Apply Today!
*** For Immediate consideration, please send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. ***
Education / Skills:
- Bachelor's Degree in Engineering, Science, or closely related discipline is desired.
- Desired 2+ years of significant engineering and/or operational experience.
- A post-graduate education may contribute towards the desired years of experience.
- Experience within a GMP biopharmaceutical facility, specifically either production, process development, or engineering required.
- Possesses a working technical knowledge and application of concepts, practices, and procedures within a GMP biopharmaceutical facility required.
- Experience with upstream biopharmaceutical processes and equipment preferred.
- Experience with downstream biopharmaceutical processes and equipment preferred.
- Experience with clean-in-place (CIP) and steam-in-place (SIP) operations preferred.
- Independently driven and motivated.
- Capable of working on small- to medium sized assigned projects with moderate supervision.
- Strong technical writing skills, with the capability of authoring technical engineering documentation (including technical memos, validation documentation, and/or non-conformance investigations) required.
- Basic project management capabilities, including the development, coordination, and implementation of project plans to execute assigned activities required.
- Responsibilities of this engineering grade level inherently include and expand upon the responsibilities established for lower engineering grade levels.
- Responsible for compliance with applicable policies and procedures.
- Plans and conducts small to medium size assigned projects within engineering specialty requiring conventional types of plans, investigations, and/or equipment.
- Coordinates and monitors activities/projects. Reviews plans and monitors status of implementation for those assigned to project; makes judgments regarding quality of implementation within discipline; employs contingency plans to recover from schedule slippage and financial overruns when appropriate.
- Estimates and coordinates resources needed (materials, budget, time and people) to accomplish assigned individual tasks. Anticipates future directions. Benchmarks internally and externally.
- Recognizes changes in the environment and present resources as indicators of future problems and opportunities; prepares for such eventualities.
- Independently executes the design of products/processes/equipment/systems/facilities by applying standard engineering theories, concepts, and techniques within the discipline. Independently investigates, conducts tests or experiments.
- Creates/modified designs for intermediate problems. Designs/modifies more complex components/processes; writes detailed design specifications. Predicts patterns/trends. Grasps complexities and sees relationships among data; determines consequences and alternatives; makes recommendations.
- Improves methods/designs/processes. Recognizes and implements good ideas/innovations/costs reductions; consistently generates/adopts original solutions to problems and reduces them to practices.
- Mentors others by sharing technical expertise and providing feedback and guidance. Resolves underlying problems. Identifies full range of customer/client needs and proposes solutions to address them; makes alterations in products or services to better meet (recognized or unrecognized) customer need.
- Directs the efforts of others such as technicians and outside resources.
- Performs tasks such as writing Requests for Capital Expenditures (RCEs), safety/quality checklists, scope documents, etc.
- Develops and executes validation protocols.
Kelly puts you in charge of your career, with access to cutting edge projects and technologies in industry leading organizations. Top companies throughout the world have trusted Kelly as a premier source of engineering talent and services since 1965. And engineering job seekers know Kelly as a firm with an unmatched reputation for quality, integrity, and professionalism. Whether you seek the variety and flexibility of working on short-term project engagements or prefer contract-to-hire or direct-hire placement with our clients, apply with Kelly to explore opportunities that suit your specific professional interests.About Kelly®
At Kelly, we're always thinking about what's next and advising job seekers on new ways of working to reach their full potential. In fact, we're a leading advocate for temporary/nontraditional workstyles, because we believe they allow flexibility and tremendous growth opportunities that enable a better way to work and live. Connecting great people with great companies is what we do best, and our employment opportunities span a wide variety of workstyles, skill levels, and industries around the world.
Kelly is an equal opportunity employer committed to employing a diverse workforce, including, but not limited to, minorities, females, individuals with disabilities, protected veterans, sexual orientation, gender identity. Equal Employment Opportunity is The Law.]] About Kelly Services
Kelly Services, Inc. (NASDAQ: KELYA, KELYB) is a leader in providing workforce solutions.
Kelly offers a comprehensive array of outsourcing and consulting services as well as world-class staffing on a temporary, temporary-to-hire, and direct-hire basis.
Serving clients around the globe, Kelly provided employment to more than 540,000 employees in 2013. Revenue in 2013 was $5.4 billion.
Apply on company website