Engineering Manager Position Available (Direct Hire) - Windsor, GA
Kelly Services is currently seeking an Engineering Manager for one of their top manufacturing clients in the Windsor, GA area.
Reporting to the Direct of Engineering, the Engineering Manager plans, directs, and coordinates all activities of Maintenance, Tooling, and Engineering Department with all other departments and functions. Ensure compliance of company policies and TS16949 policies and procedures.
Duties and/or Responsibilities:
1. Manages all aspects of Engineering and Maintenance Department to include but not limited to processes, maintenance of equipment, continuous improvement, analysis of scrap data for current and new manufacturing lines.
2. Manages the development of methods, tooling, labor and set up estimates for new products and revisions for existing products.
3. Assures that design of new and redesign and/or modification of existing machines, equipment and manufacturing procedures are being satisfactorily performed.
4. Recommends replacement of existing equipment and provides long-range facility planning assistance.
5. Responsible for production liaison and engineering assistance for solutions to production engineering bottlenecks.
6. Provides engineering solutions to achieve the quality demands of the Plant as it relates to production machinery, tooling and manufacturing processes.
7. Assures that the design, specifications, construction and debugging of new tooling is consistent with needs, commercial specifications, cost justifications and time constraints.
8. Meet with product engineering groups and negotiate existing and new product design changes and project timetables, which will enable quality manufacturing at the lowest cost.
9. Direct process control programs with plant, manufacturing, engineering and vendors, which will ensure products can be economically maintained to ensure product acceptability to the final customer.
10. Develop and approve operating budgets and administer approved budgets. Must report against operating budgets.
11. Provide technical training and technical work direction to support personnel and supervisors within the plant.
12. Conduct supervisory responsibilities concerning the hiring, training, counseling and discipline, performance appraisal, and assigning/prioritizing all work for subordinates.
Qualified Applicants will possess the following:
A Bachelor's (preferably a Master's) Degree in Engineering discipline. Over ten (10) years of experience as an engineer. (preferably experience in automotive manufacturing)
Managerial experience will include five years supervising technical personnel.
Experience directing and applying lean techniques in a manufacturing environment.
Comprehensive understanding of manufacturing techniques, machinery and tools.
Familiar with maintenance work, plant engineering and utilities.
Familiar with capability analysis and other process control techniques.
Must be proficient in MSWord, Excel, PowerPoint. Some Access experience preferred
Kelly puts you in charge of your career, with access to cutting edge projects and technologies in industry leading organizations. Top companies throughout the world have trusted Kelly as a premier source of engineering talent and services since 1965. And engineering job seekers know Kelly as a firm with an unmatched reputation for quality, integrity, and professionalism. Whether you seek the variety and flexibility of working on short-term project engagements or prefer contract-to-hire or direct-hire placement with our clients, apply with Kelly to explore opportunities that suit your specific professional interests.About Kelly®
At Kelly, we're always thinking about what's next and advising job seekers on new ways of working to reach their full potential. In fact, we're a leading advocate for temporary/nontraditional workstyles, because we believe they allow flexibility and tremendous growth opportunities that enable a better way to work and live. Connecting great people with great companies is what we do best, and our employment opportunities span a wide variety of workstyles, skill levels, and industries around the world.
Kelly is an equal opportunity employer committed to employing a diverse workforce, including, but not limited to, minorities, females, individuals with disabilities, protected veterans, sexual orientation, gender identity. Equal Employment Opportunity is The Law.]] About Kelly Services
Kelly Services, Inc. (NASDAQ: KELYA, KELYB) is a leader in providing workforce solutions.
Kelly offers a comprehensive array of outsourcing and consulting services as well as world-class staffing on a temporary, temporary-to-hire, and direct-hire basis.
Serving clients around the globe, Kelly provided employment to more than 540,000 employees in 2013. Revenue in 2013 was $5.4 billion.
Apply on company website