Kelly Services is seeking a Financial Accounting Supervisor for our top insurance company in Chicago, IL.
Pay is $42 an hour
Hours: Monday through Friday
8 a.m. to 5 p.m.
Contract position until end of September. Most likely will be extended.
- This position is responsible for supervising the financial accounting function including the recording of warranty program reserves, revenue, claims, and other related information.
- The Supervisor must work with their staff to ensure that all journal entries are posted accurately and in a timely manner in addition to guaranteeing that all assigned accounts are reconciled on a quarterly basis.
Job description and Essential Functions:
- Verify that all journal entries primarily for premium and claims related information are processed on a timely basis. Ensure all journal entries - standard, adjusting, reclass and nonstandard follow AIZ accounting policy, and that wires processed follow appropriate levels of approval.
- Ensure the completion of all account reconciliations by the established timelines and adherence to the journal entry and account reconciliation policies. Major areas of account reconciliation are: Fixed Assets, Premium Receivable, Unearned Premiums, Claim Reserves, Other Assets and Other Liabilities including Suspense accounts.
- Review/complete testing of new programs/products to assure that product specifications are in agreement with underwriting distributions, financial accounting rules and state/rating agency regulations.
- Notify manager on a timely basis of any significant accounting or reporting issues, research issues as necessary, and ensure timely follow-up until resolution of issues.
- Assist in coordinating the completion/accuracy of all quarterly internal/external audit requests by established timelines.
- Hire, train, develop and evaluate staff based on needs of the department. Supervise several staff accountants in their day-to-day work activities involving each monthly financial close process.
- Review current processes and challenge work flow to improve efficiency and accuracy of work product.
- Undergraduate degree in Accounting or Finance
- 5-7 years of experience in general accounting function
- 1-3 years supervisory/team lead experience.
- Experience in journal processing, ledger reconciliations, and fixed asset accounting
- Proficient with Microsoft Office tools including Excel and Word Education, Certifications and
- CPA preferred
- Insurance accounting experience preferred
- PeopleSoft experience preferred
Apply today for immediate consideration for open positions!
Please note - these positions are being recruited for by a virtual Kelly recruiter, not your local branch office. You can apply directly to this posting (PLEASE INCLUDE AN UPDATED RESUME) or by emailing your resume to email@example.com. Please include the title of the job and its location in your email.
As a worker today, it's up to you to take charge of your career and look for opportunities to learn, grow, and achieve your potential. Helping you find what's next is what we're all about. We know what's going on in the evolving world of work—just ask the 440,000 people we employ each year. Connecting with us means getting the support, guidance, and opportunities needed to take your career where you may have never imagined.
At Kelly, we're always thinking about what's next and advising job seekers on new ways of working to reach their full potential. In fact, we're a leading advocate for temporary/nontraditional workstyles, because we believe they allow flexibility and tremendous growth opportunities that enable a better way to work and live (plus, did we mention we provide a ton of benefits). Connecting great people with great companies is what we do best, and our employment opportunities span a wide variety of workstyles, skill levels, and industries around the world.
Kelly is an equal opportunity employer committed to employing a diverse workforce and providing accommodations for people with disabilities in all parts of the hiring process as required under its Employment Accommodation Policy. Kelly will work with applicants to meet accommodation needs that are made known to Kelly in advance.]] About Kelly Services
Kelly Services, Inc. (NASDAQ: KELYA, KELYB) is a leader in providing workforce solutions.
Kelly offers a comprehensive array of outsourcing and consulting services as well as world-class staffing on a temporary, temporary-to-hire, and direct-hire basis.
Serving clients around the globe, Kelly provided employment to more than 540,000 employees in 2013. Revenue in 2013 was $5.4 billion.
Apply on company website