Lab Technician (Formulation Chemistry)
Kelly Science & Clinical is interviewing and hiring immediately for a Lab Technician in Wilmington, DE! This is a great fit for someone interested in sensory sciences and formulations with a great team in a collaborative, fast-paced environment. A chemistry background and previous co-op/internship experience is required!Responsibilities:
- Laboratory Operations: Follow proper laboratory procedures and protocols and related safety topics for our fragranced product laboratory.
- Understand and follow laboratory safety and Good Laboratory Practices. Maintains a clean, safe laboratory environment.
- Must have knowledge of and follow basic laboratory techniques. Must handle chemicals in a safe manner per SDS including use of PPE.
- Assist in maintaining Safety Data Sheets for all chemicals in company products and in the laboratory.
- Assist in managing all laboratory documentation including testing procedures and protocols for company products.
- Prepare lab samples following established formulas and procedures in accordance with good laboratory practices and procedures.
- Product Testing: Conduct product testing as required, following established SOP's and accurately documenting results for analysis.
- Conduct performance and physical testing on finished product and formula WIP including length of life and other claim support testing.
- Assist in conducting in-house sensory tests as required.
- Conduct stability testing on developmental and existing products per SOP and present interim results to Lab Manager.
- Prepare product formulations for validation, product testing and customer presentations.
- Maintain laboratory equipment in good condition and standardize.
- Project management: Manage assigned laboratory projects through to completion
- Accurately communicate progress and results to the designated parties through meetings and formal written reports.
- Record all pertinent information into the proper documents and store in the lab project database.
- Quality: Track and document all lab related quality documentation including but not limited to QCBD records, standards, formulations, processes.
- Maintains accurate records of laboratory experiments and data in lab notebook and in Excel Worksheets as directed.
- Assure the appropriate data integrity from experiments, conduct analysis of data and communicate findings to Manager.
- Creates new and maintains existing chemical and formula records in QCBD with all appropriate support documents.
- Conducts quality tests on materials, formulas and finished product to assist in establishing quality specifications.
- Assists in maintaining SOP records for material and formula testing.
- Continuous Improvement: Proactively recommend, as part of the company's ongoing process improvement, ideas or procedures that solve problems, expand our capability, improve company performance, and eliminate bottle necks and reduce costs. A proactive approach is a key element
- Make recommendations for improvements to laboratory test procedures or development of new procedures to enhance technical capabilities.
- Maintain a continuous learning program for professional growth and development
- Product Innovation: Liaise with other departments and suppliers regarding technology, processes and product improvements.
- Improve performance
- Reduce cost
- Provide superior formulations that present corporate advantages
- BS degree required in chemistry or other scientific related field.
- Minimum of one-year proven results-oriented work experience
- High level of computer literacy using spreadsheets and database management.
- Laboratory/ manufacturing/quality/chemical experience in the consumer fragranced products industry Preferred.
- Ability to analyze, troubleshoot and correct situations in a proactive manner
- Written /Verbal & Interpersonal Communication
- Process Management
- Creative Problem Solving
- Analytical/Strategic thinking
- Attention to detail and excellent record keeping skills are a must
- Experience with regulatory agencies OSHA, CARB, FDA, EPA a plus
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office suite
- Experience with Adobe Creative a plus
Environmental Factors & Physical Requirements
- Must have the ability to move freely throughout all our manufacturing plants and to provide the physical dexterity and abilities needed for common laboratory practice.
- Must demonstrate a reasonable sense of smell and color identification.
Kelly® Science & Clinical is your connection to premier scientific and clinical companies looking to hire talented people just like you. Every day, we match science professionals with dream jobs that fit their skills and interests—it's the way we think job searching should be. Nearly 100 percent of our science recruiters have a professional background/education in science, so we know a thing or two about the science market and how to get you noticed.About Kelly®
At Kelly, we're always thinking about what's next and advising job seekers on new ways of working to reach their full potential. In fact, we're a leading advocate for temporary/nontraditional workstyles, because we believe they allow flexibility and tremendous growth opportunities that enable a better way to work and live (plus, did we mention we provide a ton of benefits). Connecting great people with great companies is what we do best, and our employment opportunities span a wide variety of workstyles, skill levels, and industries around the world.
Kelly is an equal opportunity employer committed to employing a diverse workforce, including, but not limited to, minorities, females, individuals with disabilities, protected veterans, sexual orientation, gender identity. Equal Employment Opportunity is The Law.]] About Kelly Services
Kelly Services, Inc. (NASDAQ: KELYA, KELYB) is a leader in providing workforce solutions.
Kelly offers a comprehensive array of outsourcing and consulting services as well as world-class staffing on a temporary, temporary-to-hire, and direct-hire basis.
Serving clients around the globe, Kelly provided employment to more than 540,000 employees in 2013. Revenue in 2013 was $5.4 billion.
Apply on company website