Laboratory Technician - Nightshift (Menlo Park, CA)
Temporary Assignment for 6 months with possible extension or converted to perm.
Pay Rate: $25 to $28/hour, depending on Experience and Education
Night shift: Monday - Friday, 11 pm - 7:30 am
Must have at least 6 months of Industry experience in PCR and RNA extraction!
Our Company is a world leader in genetic diagnostics and gene therapy research.
We just announced our newly developed, FDA-validated coronavirus diagnostic test that uses Real-Time Reverse Transcriptase (RT)-PCR for the presumptive in vitro qualitative detection of nucleic acid from the SARS-CoV-2 virus. We are ramping up operations in order to meet the worldwide need for coronavirus testing.
Primary Duties & Responsibilities
- Participates in opening specimen shipments and organizing samples for testing
- Inspects and documents samples upon receipt for testing acceptability per Standard Operating Procedure (SOP)
- Accessions test requisitions
- Organizes patient specimen and assay records for testing
- Assists the CLS with quantitative and qualitative analyses procedures through laboratory bench supply set up, reagent retrieval, vortexing, and centrifuging
- Prepares and files laboratory specimens and appropriate documents for storage
- Manages, orders, distributes, and stocks supplies
- Inventories and labels laboratory reagents
- Maintains laboratory equipment
- Monitors and records temperatures
- Follows all safety procedures and policies
- Records and directs client inquiries to the appropriate personnel or department
- Adheres to our company's policies and procedures.
- BS/BA in Biological Sciences or related field
- 6 months to 2 years of Industry Experience in RNA Extraction and PCR/qPCR is required!
- Must be able to analyze and interpret amplification results
- Must be able to handle high sample numbers
- Must be able to multitask
- Prior CLIA or research laboratory experience preferred
- Prior automation experience is preferred
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Demonstrated good judgment and decision-making capabilities
- Resourceful and an independent thinker
- Excellent computer skills, especially in Microsoft Word
This job operates in a professional office environment and a clinical lab environment.
Must be able to climb stairs, lift up to 20 pounds, regularly sit, speak and hear, and perform climbing, standing, stooping, twisting, lifting, and other physical movements to perform job. Reasonable accommodations will be made as necessary.
This job operates in a professional office environment and only minimal travel, if any.
Kelly® Science & Clinical is your connection to premier scientific and clinical companies looking to hire talented people just like you. Every day, we match science professionals with dream jobs that fit their skills and interests—it's the way we think job searching should be. Nearly 100 percent of our science recruiters have a professional background/education in science, so we know a thing or two about the science market and how to get you noticed.About Kelly®
At Kelly, we're always thinking about what's next and advising job seekers on new ways of working to reach their full potential. In fact, we're a leading advocate for temporary/non-traditional workstyles, because we believe they allow flexibility and tremendous growth opportunities that enable a better way to work and live. Connecting great people with great companies is what we do best, and our employment opportunities span a wide variety of workstyles, skill levels, and industries around the world.
Kelly is an equal opportunity employer committed to employing a diverse workforce and providing accommodations for people with disabilities in all parts of the hiring process as required under its Employment Accommodation Policy. Kelly will work with applicants to meet accommodation needs that are made known to Kelly in advance.]] About Kelly Services
Kelly Services, Inc. (NASDAQ: KELYA, KELYB) is a leader in providing workforce solutions.
Kelly offers a comprehensive array of outsourcing and consulting services as well as world-class staffing on a temporary, temporary-to-hire, and direct-hire basis.
Serving clients around the globe, Kelly provided employment to more than 540,000 employees in 2013. Revenue in 2013 was $5.4 billion.
Apply on company website