COVID testing- Laboratory Technician- Trenton, NJ 08690
Temporary to hire- Overnight positions
Kelly Science & Clinical has an incredible laboratory technician opportunity in the Trenton, NJ area. This position is responsible for labeling/handling specimen in a clinical environment. This is a great opportunity for someone looking to gain more laboratory experience with further opportunities for growth and advancement.
- Accessioning – print labels and attach to requisitions and the corresponding specimens
- Manual extractions – perform phenol/chloroform manual extractions on biopsies and ticks
- Robotic extractions – properly extract all sample types using a provided template sheet
- RNA extractions – perform manual and robotic RNA extractions on all necessary samples
- PCR – perform manual and robotic PCR amplification
- Gel electrophoresis – properly identify which PCRs require gel electrophoresis and run if so
- Pyrosequencing – perform nested PCR, and run SQA or SNP
- Microbiology/cell culture – identify species present, inoculate, and pick colonies for PCR
- Next-generation sequencing
- Other responsibilities as assigned
- Bachelor's degree in Biology, Chemistry, or related field
- 9+ months of clinical laboratory technician training preferred
- Ability to sit, stand, walk and perform repetitive motion (manual pipette)
- Proficient visual and audio skills
- Ability to use personal protective equipment
Kelly® Science & Clinical is your connection to premier scientific and clinical companies looking to hire talented people just like you. Every day, we match science professionals with dream jobs that fit their skills and interests—it's the way we think job searching should be. Nearly 100 percent of our science recruiters have a professional background/education in science, so we know a thing or two about the science market and how to get you noticed.About Kelly®
At Kelly, we're always thinking about what's next and advising job seekers on new ways of working to reach their full potential. In fact, we're a leading advocate for temporary/non-traditional workstyles, because we believe they allow flexibility and tremendous growth opportunities that enable a better way to work and live. Connecting great people with great companies is what we do best, and our employment opportunities span a wide variety of workstyles, skill levels, and industries around the world.
Kelly is an equal opportunity employer committed to employing a diverse workforce and providing accommodations for people with disabilities in all parts of the hiring process as required under its Employment Accommodation Policy. Kelly will work with applicants to meet accommodation needs that are made known to Kelly in advance.]] About Kelly Services
Kelly Services, Inc. (NASDAQ: KELYA, KELYB) is a leader in providing workforce solutions.
Kelly offers a comprehensive array of outsourcing and consulting services as well as world-class staffing on a temporary, temporary-to-hire, and direct-hire basis.
Serving clients around the globe, Kelly provided employment to more than 540,000 employees in 2013. Revenue in 2013 was $5.4 billion.
Apply on company website