** Payrate increase**
We're now hiring for multiple positions at Cummins Fuel Systems Plant (FSP) in Columbus, IN. This is a build-your-career caliber opportunity in a climate-controlled clean, safe, and supportive work environment.
3rd Shift: $17.00
2nd Shift $17.00
1st shift: $16.50
Employees receive time and a half between 40 and 48 hours and anything after 48 hours is double time.
• Uses a variety of machines to remove metal from or fabricate products from castings or raw materials in order to create the proper characteristics and dimensions necessary to meet customer expectations.
• Follows process documentation to perform quality checks using gages and other measuring devices; expedites and manages tool change processes; monitors tool usage per operations.
• Participates as team members to operate and manage machining to meet the safety, quality and production goals and acts as an active member of the team and takes on team representative role responsibilities.
• Maintains clean and orderly work area, including routine housekeeping tasks and machine cleaning tasks and performs planned operator care and maintenance tasks that are defined as part of the production work.
• Performs rework, scrap transactions, external rework transactions, identifies and controls materials that are nonconforming.
• Highlights process documentation updates as appropriate to stay current with product and process changes.
• Collects, analyzes and displays operating data; engages in formal use of common problem-solving technique when issues arise.
• Uses material handling equipment including hoists, hoist inspections, and forklifts to move parts and skids.
• Knows and complies with departmental, site, and company policies and procedures including the proper wear and use of required personal protective equipment.
• Participates in training and personal development; assists in training department personnel.
• Participates in improvement projects; uses common problem-solving techniques while working alone or in teams.
• Communicates effectively with the assigned team and with all the support teams.
• Maintains housekeeping and safety in work areas.
• Remains flexible and performs other miscellaneous duties, as required, to get the job done.
• Completes work with minimal supervision.
• Operates within team-based work system and rotates job routine as needed.
While achieving your goals, we'll provide the perks that support you off the clock. Our perks include ACA healthcare coverage for eligible employees, group insurance options*, holiday pay plan, EAP at no cost, corporate discounts, as well as access to thousands of free courses to help improve and further develop your skills.
This is an excellent opportunity to get your foot in the door with a premier employer and industry leader. Let us help you kick start your career. Apply to be a manufacturing operator today!
You're looking to keep your career moving onward and upward, and we're here to help you do just that. Our financial staffing experts will connect you with premier companies for opportunities where you can learn, grow, and thrive. Jobs that fit your skills and experience, and most importantly, fit right on your path of where you want to go in in your career. It all adds up.About Kelly®
At Kelly, we're always thinking about what's next and advising job seekers on new ways of working to reach their full potential. In fact, we're a leading advocate for temporary/nontraditional workstyles, because we believe they allow flexibility and tremendous growth opportunities that enable a better way to work and live (plus, did we mention we provide a ton of benefits). Connecting great people with great companies is what we do best, and our employment opportunities span a wide variety of workstyles, skill levels, and industries around the world.
Kelly is an equal opportunity employer committed to employing a diverse workforce and providing accommodations for people with disabilities in all parts of the hiring process as required under its Employment Accommodation Policy. Kelly will work with applicants to meet accommodation needs that are made known to Kelly in advance.]] About Kelly Services
Kelly Services, Inc. (NASDAQ: KELYA, KELYB) is a leader in providing workforce solutions.
Kelly offers a comprehensive array of outsourcing and consulting services as well as world-class staffing on a temporary, temporary-to-hire, and direct-hire basis.
Serving clients around the globe, Kelly provided employment to more than 540,000 employees in 2013. Revenue in 2013 was $5.4 billion.
Apply on company website