Every day, Kelly Services connects professionals with opportunities to advance their careers. We currently have an exciting 8+ month, long term contract opportunity as a Mechanical Engineer for a top fortune 500 company in Round Lake IL.
Title: Mechanical Engineer (medical devices)
Duration: 8+ months
Location: Round Lake IL
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Will be supporting ISA Hardware – Pumping Mechanisms
- As a key team member within the Infusion Systems and Applications (ISA) team you are responsible for creating and implementing innovative mechanical design solutions for client's infusion pumps to address customer needs.
- Develop statistically valid tests and test protocols to verify that designs meet product requirements.
- Conduct test method validation (TMV) to ensure tests meet Quality standards
- Execute verification testing as defined by test protocols and document results using common Good Documentation Practices (GDP) as defined by the FDA.
- Assist in root-cause investigations when necessary
- Update design documentation (i.e. drawings and solid models) using SolidWorks and SolidWorks PDM as the need arises
- Remain in compliance with training requirements
- Must be self-motivated, with good interpersonal and communication skills
- Capable of analyzing and solving complex problems through innovation, collaboration and perseverance.
- Experience developing 3D models using SolidWorks, Pro/Engineer (Creo) or equivalent.
- Experience using statistical methods such as normality tests and confidence interval calculations. Experience with Minitab is preferred.
- Demonstrated root cause analysis and problem-solving skills.
Education / Experience:
- B.S. in Mechanical Engineering and at least three years of experience in the design, development and testing of mechanical devices. Experience with electromechanical and/or medical devices is preferred
Important information: This position is recruited for by a remote Kelly office, not your local Kelly branch. Applicants must be legally permitted to work in the United States. Please contact Michelle Niemira (email@example.com) for immediate consideration.
- As a Kelly Services employee, you will have access to numerous perks, including:
- Exposure to a variety of career opportunities as a result of our expansive network of client companies
- A competitive hourly pay rate with weekly checks
- Access to newly expanded Medical Plan options
- Online continuing education via the Kelly Learning Center
- Several employee discounts
- And more!
Your engineering skills are in demand, but how do you find the right fit? Easy. With Kelly® Engineering, our experts connect you with leading organizations where you can learn and grow, collaborate on innovative projects, and keep your skills sharp with top technology. Whether you prefer the variety and flexibility of short-term projects, or are looking for something more long-term, we're here every step of the way to find your dream engineering job.About Kelly®
At Kelly, we're always thinking about what's next and advising job seekers on new ways of working to reach their full potential. In fact, we're a leading advocate for temporary/nontraditional workstyles, because we believe they allow flexibility and tremendous growth opportunities that enable a better way to work and live (plus, did we mention we provide a ton of benefits). Connecting great people with great companies is what we do best, and our employment opportunities span a wide variety of workstyles, skill levels, and industries around the world.
Kelly is an equal opportunity employer committed to employing a diverse workforce and providing accommodations for people with disabilities in all parts of the hiring process as required under its Employment Accommodation Policy. Kelly will work with applicants to meet accommodation needs that are made known to Kelly in advance.]] About Kelly Services
Kelly Services, Inc. (NASDAQ: KELYA, KELYB) is a leader in providing workforce solutions.
Kelly offers a comprehensive array of outsourcing and consulting services as well as world-class staffing on a temporary, temporary-to-hire, and direct-hire basis.
Serving clients around the globe, Kelly provided employment to more than 540,000 employees in 2013. Revenue in 2013 was $5.4 billion.
Apply on company website