Title: Clinical Laboratory Scientist
Salary: $90,000-$105,000/yr + 8% shift differential
Shift: Swing (3:00pm-11:30pm)
Our client is a pre-IPO world leader in genetic diagnostics and gene therapy research with a core specialty in ophthalmology. Our client has developed the first commercially available genetic test for corneal dystrophy, providing a fast and accurate test to help guide physicians in treating their patients to prevent or delay vision loss. Our client continues to innovate and has developed a next-generation sequencing (NGS) test for keratoconus. In addition to the diagnosis of these progressive eye diseases, our client is also developing state-of-the-art siRNA and CRISPR gene editing programs for corneal dystrophies and for treatment technologies that can be applied to other diseases beyond ophthalmology. These therapies have been proven in the lab and in animal studies, and will proceed with human trials in the very near future. Our client operates globally and has been recognized for its work, including being named a Technology Pioneer by the World Economic Forum.
Our client seeks a Clinical Lab Scientist (CLS) to perform complex laboratory procedures in a prompt, accurate, and reliable manner according to established procedures and quality control guidelines. The CLS will be responsible for specimen processing, test performance, reporting test results, performing quality control, and verifying that the controls are in range. The CLS will review results for accuracy and precision; repeating tests or performing confirmatory tests as appropriate.
Primary Duties & Responsibilities
- Analyzes clinical laboratory specimen following standard methods and procedures.
- Judges the adequacy and qualities of specimens submitted for testing.
- Correctly verifies that the proper specimen is being analyzed for the appropriate patients and that the appropriate test is being performed.
- Performs quality control procedures to ensure accuracy of clinical data.
- Validates test results through correlation with test parameters and QC metrics.
- Confirms testing on all abnormal values to ensure accuracy prior to releasing of test results.
- Performs preventative maintenance and troubleshooting on instruments and equipment.
- Performs and documents instrument function by checking and calibrating specific lab instruments and documents data.
- Records on instrument logs any repairs, replacement, and maintenance needed of equipment.
- Adheres to the laboratory's quality control policies, document all quality control activities, instrument and procedural calibrations and maintenance performed.
- Follows the laboratory's established non-conformance policies and procedures whenever test systems are not within the laboratory's established acceptable levels of performance.
- Identifies issues that may adversely affect test performance or the reporting of test results and addresses the same.
- Documents all corrective actions taken when test systems deviate from the laboratory's established performance specifications.
- Understands safety procedures relating to a laboratory to include handling of infectious biological agents as well as potentially hazardous chemicals; appropriate hazardous clean up procedures; universal precautions and infection control procedures.
- Trains laboratory assistants on proper techniques/procedures related to clinical laboratory practice.
- Performs other duties as necessary.
- BA/BS degree in a related field
- Currently licensed as a California Clinical Laboratory Scientist or a Clinical Genetic Molecular Biologist Scientist
- Experience in and daily management of CLIA/CAP Accredited clinical laboratories
- Knowledge of molecular biology
- Six months laboratory experience
- Molecular testing experience (preferred)
- Medical genetics experience (preferred)
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills. Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to customers, clients, and other incumbents of the organization.
- Must demonstrate good judgment and decision-making capabilities
- Must be a resourceful and independent thinker
- This job operates in a professional office environment and a clinical lab environment.
- Must be able to climb stairs, be able to lift up to 20 pounds, regularly sit, speak and hear, and perform standing, stooping, twisting, and other physical movements. Reasonable accommodations will be made as necessary.
- Travel is not normally expected of this position.
With Kelly, you'll have access to some of the world's highest regarded scientific organizations—providing you with opportunities to work on today's most challenging, research-intensive, and relevant projects. Our connections can lead you to innovative scientific pursuits you'll be proud to help advance. We work with 90 of the Fortune 100 companies and found opportunities for more than 10,000 scientific professionals last year.
You pursued a career in science to fuel your quest for knowledge and your desire to make the world a better place. Let Kelly fuel your career—connect with us today.About Kelly®
At Kelly, we're always thinking about what's next and advising job seekers on new ways of working to reach their full potential. In fact, we're a leading advocate for temporary/nontraditional workstyles, because we believe they allow flexibility and tremendous growth opportunities that enable a better way to work and live. Connecting great people with great companies is what we do best, and our employment opportunities span a wide variety of workstyles, skill levels, and industries around the world.
Kelly is an equal opportunity employer committed to employing a diverse workforce, including, but not limited to, minorities, females, individuals with disabilities, protected veterans, sexual orientation, gender identity. Equal Employment Opportunity is The Law.]] About Kelly Services
Kelly Services, Inc. (NASDAQ: KELYA, KELYB) is a leader in providing workforce solutions.
Kelly offers a comprehensive array of outsourcing and consulting services as well as world-class staffing on a temporary, temporary-to-hire, and direct-hire basis.
Serving clients around the globe, Kelly provided employment to more than 540,000 employees in 2013. Revenue in 2013 was $5.4 billion.
Apply on company website