Kelly Science & Clinical has a new direct hire (permanent) opportunity for a Downstream Process Development Senior Scientist for a Biomanufacturing facility in Davis, CA. Salary will range between $100k - $150k, based on educational background and relevant experience. Relocation assistance is available for highly qualified candidates!
- Development and execution of protein purification and analytical assays
- Develop strategies for both small and medium scale applications
- Maintain, calibrate, and troubleshoot analytical equipment
- Analyze results to assess quality, purity, and yield of the proteins
- Optimize upstream processing and assist with downstream processing
- Aseptically process, filter, and fill biologics
- Research, explore, and develop novel approaches to advance current lab practices
- Create and deliver technical presentations
- Maintain safe and clean work environment according to GMP regulations, SOPs, and company guidelines
- Prepare SOPs, training documents, and batch records
You are a great fit if you have the following qualifications:
- BS/MS/PhD in Life or Physical Science discipline
- At least 2 years Industry experience focused on downstream process development
- Must be able to determine the appropriate resin needed for various novel proteins
- Able to scale up novel proteins (~500mL - 200L range)
- Must have AKTA chromatography, TFF, UPLC, and/or SEC-MALS experience within a GMP facility
- Able to work in a cleanroom environment
- Understanding of protein biochemistry, molecular biology, and purification technologies
- Experience with scale up process development, highly desired
- Thrives in a fast-paced, collaborative environment with changing priorities
- Excellent communication skills
This position is scheduled Monday – Friday from 8:00am – 5:30pm with overtime required in the evenings and weekends, as needed. If you, or someone you know, would like to be considered please apply online by Friday, September 10th to discuss the next steps!
Kelly® Science & Clinical is your connection to premier scientific and clinical companies looking to hire talented people just like you. Every day, we match science professionals with dream jobs that fit their skills and interests—it's the way we think job searching should be. Nearly 100 percent of our science recruiters have a professional background/education in science, so we know a thing or two about the science market and how to get you noticed.About Kelly®
At Kelly, we're always thinking about what's next and advising job seekers on new ways of working to reach their full potential. In fact, we're a leading advocate for temporary/nontraditional workstyles, because we believe they allow flexibility and tremendous growth opportunities that enable a better way to work and live (plus, did we mention we provide a ton of benefits). Connecting great people with great companies is what we do best, and our employment opportunities span a wide variety of workstyles, skill levels, and industries around the world.
Kelly is an equal opportunity employer committed to employing a diverse workforce, including, but not limited to, minorities, females, individuals with disabilities, protected veterans, sexual orientation, gender identity. Equal Employment Opportunity is The Law.]] About Kelly Services
Kelly Services, Inc. (NASDAQ: KELYA, KELYB) is a leader in providing workforce solutions.
Kelly offers a comprehensive array of outsourcing and consulting services as well as world-class staffing on a temporary, temporary-to-hire, and direct-hire basis.
Serving clients around the globe, Kelly provided employment to more than 540,000 employees in 2013. Revenue in 2013 was $5.4 billion.
Apply on company website