Project Manager - Scientific, San Diego, CA
• Direct and motivate multi-disciplinary project teams responsible for delivery of customer requirements.
• Manage as the point of contact for all operational aspects of Program Ensure, verifying the project delivers to agreed-upon objectives for both Pacific GMP and the customer.
• Understand and advocate customer needs. Represent these within Pacific GMP project teams responsible for delivering customer requirements.
• Develop and maintain favorable relationships with new and existing clients. Ensure Pacific GMP products and services consistently meet customer needs.
• Define, organize and be responsible for all project communication.
• Obtain commitment of the project's scope and timelines from the project team, relevant stakeholders and customer.
• Manage project to agreed-upon plan.
• Responsible for managing financial aspects of assigned project(s). This includes invoicing, cost control, forecasting, profitability, and change management.
• Determine and plan appropriate resources and capacity commitments. Coordinate plan among all relevant stakeholders, with the ability to obtain necessary agreements and commitments.
• Maintain project risk assessment and risk mitigation plans.
• Manage remediation plans, where applicable. Communicate adequately to stakeholders to ensure accountability and awareness.
• Manage timely escalation of critical project issues.
• Manage “Lessons Learned” process at appropriate key milestones within the project.
• Communicate ongoing project opportunities to appropriate Sales and Marketing personnel.
• Control project scope, managing any necessary and approved changes.
• Submit applicable business reports.
• Decommission the project when contracted activities are completed.
• Support business development activities by evaluating customer's proposals for scope of work.
• Recommend enhancements to the organization's products and services based on inquiries from clients.
• BS/MS in Life Sciences or related discipline.
• PMP Certification preferred.
• Five (5), to seven (7) years professional experience in project management, managing large and complex projects from Initiation through closeout preferred.
• MS Project skills are required.
• Technical competency with Pharmaceutical Industry related to cGMP, regulatory standards and Biotech processes.
• Leadership skills with the ability to motivate and maintain high morale within the project setting.
• Strong analytical and problem solving skills, with attention to details.
• Ability to work both independently and in a team environment.
• Time management, written, oral and presentation skills.
• Ability to manage multiple priorities.
• Ability to resolve conflict at all levels of the organization.
• Experience in a matrix organizational structure.
With Kelly, you'll have access to some of the world's highest regarded scientific organizations—providing you with opportunities to work on today's most challenging, research-intensive, and relevant projects. Our connections can lead you to innovative scientific pursuits you'll be proud to help advance. We work with 90 of the Fortune 100 companies and found opportunities for more than 10,000 scientific professionals last year.
You pursued a career in science to fuel your quest for knowledge and your desire to make the world a better place. Let Kelly fuel your career—connect with us today.About Kelly®
At Kelly, we're always thinking about what's next and advising job seekers on new ways of working to reach their full potential. In fact, we're a leading advocate for temporary/nontraditional workstyles, because we believe they allow flexibility and tremendous growth opportunities that enable a better way to work and live. Connecting great people with great companies is what we do best, and our employment opportunities span a wide variety of workstyles, skill levels, and industries around the world.
Kelly is an equal opportunity employer committed to employing a diverse workforce, including, but not limited to, minorities, females, individuals with disabilities, protected veterans, sexual orientation, gender identity. Equal Employment Opportunity is The Law.]] About Kelly Services
Kelly Services, Inc. (NASDAQ: KELYA, KELYB) is a leader in providing workforce solutions.
Kelly offers a comprehensive array of outsourcing and consulting services as well as world-class staffing on a temporary, temporary-to-hire, and direct-hire basis.
Serving clients around the globe, Kelly provided employment to more than 540,000 employees in 2013. Revenue in 2013 was $5.4 billion.
Apply on company website