Protein Expression Scientist
Kelly is currently seeking an Protein Expression Scientist for a on-going engagement at one of our Global clients in Spring House PA.
This role is a full-time, offering our enhanced benefit package options. As a Kelly employee within this group, you will be eligible for Medical, Dental, 401K and a variety of other benefits options to choose from. This includes paid time off, including holiday, vacation, and sick/personal time unless told otherwise.
We are seeking a highly motivated scientist to join our membrane protein structural biology team in the Small Molecule Protein Science department . This person will play a critical role in supporting membrane protein structure determination workflow by providing assay support to guide protein engineering and small molecule ligand screening.
· This scientist will play a key role in designing in-vitro assays to screen constructs and ligands for membrane protein drug targets.
· (S)he will also design, optimize, and perform ligand-binding assays to drive structural biology programs using a combination of radioligand binding and biophysical assay systems. (S)he will carry out data analysis as well as review, interpret and present the data for project teams.
· This scientist will have the opportunity to work on cutting-edge science in a structure-based drug design setting.
· This scientist will work with an interdisciplinary team of therapeutic area biologists, medicinal chemists, structural biologists and biophysicists.
· Bachelor's degree and 3-5 years, or a Master's degree with 1+ years of experience or a PhD in biochemistry, cell biology, and/or pharmacology.
· Demonstrated experience with multiple in vitro assay formats (e.g. radioligand binding, FRET, FP, ELISA, FLIPR, etc.) and other biophysical assays such as SPR, nanoDSF
· Practical experience in mammalian cell culture, preparation of membrane fractions and purification of membrane proteins is desired
· Demonstration of excellent computer, verbal and written communication skills
· Previous experience in developing in-vitro assays for multiple target classes (e.g. GPCRs, transporters, ion channels) in a drug discovery setting
· Knowledge of associated disciplines such as molecular and cellular biology, membrane protein expression and purification, and biophysical techniques.
· Familiarity with general laboratory automation (including liquid handlers) and LIMS/information technologies is highly desirable
· Demonstrated ability to forge strong collaborative relationships across multiple departments and outside the organization.
Kelly® Science & Clinical is your connection to premier scientific and clinical companies looking to hire talented people just like you. Every day, we match science professionals with dream jobs that fit their skills and interests—it's the way we think job searching should be. Nearly 100 percent of our science recruiters have a professional background/education in science, so we know a thing or two about the science market and how to get you noticed.About Kelly®
At Kelly, we're always thinking about what's next and advising job seekers on new ways of working to reach their full potential. In fact, we're a leading advocate for temporary/nontraditional workstyles, because we believe they allow flexibility and tremendous growth opportunities that enable a better way to work and live (plus, did we mention we provide a ton of benefits). Connecting great people with great companies is what we do best, and our employment opportunities span a wide variety of workstyles, skill levels, and industries around the world.
Kelly is an equal opportunity employer committed to employing a diverse workforce, including, but not limited to, minorities, females, individuals with disabilities, protected veterans, sexual orientation, gender identity. Equal Employment Opportunity is The Law.]] About Kelly Services
Kelly Services, Inc. (NASDAQ: KELYA, KELYB) is a leader in providing workforce solutions.
Kelly offers a comprehensive array of outsourcing and consulting services as well as world-class staffing on a temporary, temporary-to-hire, and direct-hire basis.
Serving clients around the globe, Kelly provided employment to more than 540,000 employees in 2013. Revenue in 2013 was $5.4 billion.
Apply on company website