Protein Expression Scientist
(Long Term Contract, Full Benefits, 401k in 30 days)
Please send your resume to Alicia Cali at email@example.com or call at 216.256.7768
The Structural & Protein Science department is seeking a contract scientist to assist the ‘front end' processes in protein expression. The ideal candidate will have prior experience working in a research laboratory setting with outstanding organizational and communication skills.
- Manage DNA and cell inventories, sample tracking and shipping logistics.
- Track DNA construct requests and communicate order receipts
- Maintain inventory of lab reagents and supplies.
- Prepare bacterial and baculovirus stocks following established protocols
- Assist routine microbial-cell expression testing
- Assist routine scale-up in mammalian, insect, and microbial systems
- BS/BA or MS in biology, chemistry, or related discipline
- Detail-oriented with outstanding organizational skills
- Excellent communication and teamworking skills
- Proficiency with protein detection methodologies including Western blot analysis
- Applied knowledge of molecular biology and protein sciences is preferred
- Experience working in a discovery research laboratory setting is strongly preferred
- Experience managing electronic inventory systems preferred.
- Ability to multitask
The Managed Solutions practice within Kelly Outsourcing and Consulting Group (KellyOCG®) is one focus within the full array of Kelly Services® workforce solutions.
Kelly Services has transformed from the staffing industry pioneer to a leading workforce solutions provider. KellyOCG is the distinguished outsourcing and consulting segment of Kelly Services, known for applying a forward-looking approach that enables companies to make strategic workforce planning decisions that impact their business and competitive advantage.
The Managed Solutions practice area of KellyOCG is dedicated to partnering with clients to architect and implement solutions that put them in a position to meet their operational obligation to their organization and freedom to focus on their more strategic business needs.About Kelly Services
Kelly Services, Inc. (NASDAQ: KELYA, KELYB) is a leader in providing workforce solutions.
Kelly offers a comprehensive array of outsourcing and consulting services as well as world-class staffing on a temporary, temporary-to-hire, and direct-hire basis.
Serving clients around the globe, Kelly provided employment to more than 540,000 employees in 2013. Revenue in 2013 was $5.4 billion.
Apply on company website