Protein Expression Scientist
(Long Term Contract, Full Benefits, 401k in 30 days)
Please send your resume to Alicia Cali at firstname.lastname@example.org or call at 216.256.7768
The Structural & Protein Science department is seeking a contract scientist to assist the ‘front end' processes in protein expression. The ideal candidate will have prior experience working in a Discovery Research laboratory setting and have an applied knowledge of molecular biology including construct design, vector construction, and DNA sequence validation. Competency in stable /transient cell expression is also highly desirable.
• Manage DNA and cell inventories, sample tracking and shipping logistics.
• Update SharePoint cloning request database as CRO orders are received
• Communicate order receipts and distributions
• Operate scripted programs on Hamilton robotics platform to generate recombinant baculovirus
• Maintain inventory of lab reagents and supplies.
• Prepare bacterial expression clones and enforce microbial SOPs
• Assist routine microbial-cell expression testing (10% time)
• Assist routine scale-up in mammalian, insect, and microbial systems as required (10% time)
• BS/BA or MS in biology, chemistry, or related discipline
• Experience working in a discovery research laboratory setting is strongly preferred
• Applied knowledge of molecular biology and protein sciences
• Proficiency using molecular biology software preferred (Geneious, SnapGene)
• High level competency with stable/transient protein expression systems strongly preferred.
• Proficiency with protein detection methodologies including Western blot analysis
• Experience managing electronic inventory systems preferred.
• Ability to multitask
• Detail oriented with outstanding organizational skills
• Excellent communication and teamworking skills
The Managed Solutions practice within Kelly Outsourcing and Consulting Group (KellyOCG®) is one focus within the full array of Kelly Services® workforce solutions.
Kelly Services has transformed from the staffing industry pioneer to a leading workforce solutions provider. KellyOCG is the distinguished outsourcing and consulting segment of Kelly Services, known for applying a forward-looking approach that enables companies to make strategic workforce planning decisions that impact their business and competitive advantage.
The Managed Solutions practice area of KellyOCG is dedicated to partnering with clients to architect and implement solutions that put them in a position to meet their operational obligation to their organization and freedom to focus on their more strategic business needs.About Kelly Services
Kelly Services, Inc. (NASDAQ: KELYA, KELYB) is a leader in providing workforce solutions.
Kelly offers a comprehensive array of outsourcing and consulting services as well as world-class staffing on a temporary, temporary-to-hire, and direct-hire basis.
Serving clients around the globe, Kelly provided employment to more than 540,000 employees in 2013. Revenue in 2013 was $5.4 billion.
Apply on company website