QA Technician Food/Beverage - Fullerton, CA.
Contract: 3 month (Possible extension)
Shift: Mon-Fri; 6AM-2:30PM
The QA technician's objective is to assure food safety through HACCP and GMP compliance monitoring, implementing corrective actions and reporting of deviations to the Plant QA Manager. The successful candidate will be able to perform all duties assigned and take a personal initiative in ensuring Quality Assurance compliance throughout the plant and our products. In addition, the candidate should be able to update GMP's, SOP's, SSOP's, COA's etc. as well as audits for compliance.
- Perform basic analytical testing as required by each product. This includes testing for brix, total acid, pH, sensory testing, microbiological etc. These tests are used to release all batches and produce an accurate COA.
- Must be able to report any problems detected during production to the Plant Manager and the Plant Quality Assurance Manager.
- Assure that all production runs are in compliance with customer specifications.
- Must learn the basic plant requirements for sanitation, safety and regulatory.
- Perform, Review and audit of microbiological testing and sanitation cleaning inspection reports.
- Place ingredients and finished goods on hold, as directed by the QA Manager.
- Investigate the root cause of defects in raw and finished products and implement corrective actions.
- Maintain and promote a quality culture through training
- Maintain a well-organized and clean work area.
- Maintain adequate inventory of supplies for laboratory testing, analytical test methods and protocols for Compliance with Standard Operating Procedures
- Coordinate timely hold and disposition of raw ingredients, packaging materials and finished product.
- Submit written reports on overall compliance, deviations and corrective actions implemented.
- Understanding of Acidified Foods and compliance to all federal guidelines preferred.
- Bachelor's Degree in Food Science, chemistry or biology related field a plus(but not required)
- Related work experience preferred but not required.
- Chemistry work related: Water activity; Viscosity; pH effect on Food; Brix, Concentration; Moisture analyses
- Microbiology work related: Knowledge of pathogens and its growth characteristics as it relates to juice manufacturing and the facility.
- One year experience in commercial food processing preferred.
- Must be able to use computer for various reporting (word, excel, outlook)
- Must be able to lift a maximum of 10lbs
- Must be able to stand for long periods of time.
- Must learn HACCP (Food Safety) compliance in the position.
- Must perform routine inspections for the facility
- Ability to analyze issues and provide logical resolutions
- Strong communication and writing skills
- Strong organization skills
- Bi-lingual in English and Spanish a plus
For Immediate Consideration, Apply Today! Questions? Call Airika at 562-206-2707 or Email at firstname.lastname@example.org
With Kelly, you'll have access to some of the world's highest regarded scientific organizations—providing you with opportunities to work on today's most challenging, research-intensive, and relevant projects. Our connections can lead you to innovative scientific pursuits you'll be proud to help advance. We work with 90 of the Fortune 100 companies and found opportunities for more than 10,000 scientific professionals last year.
You pursued a career in science to fuel your quest for knowledge and your desire to make the world a better place. Let Kelly fuel your career—connect with us today.About Kelly®
At Kelly, we're always thinking about what's next and advising job seekers on new ways of working to reach their full potential. In fact, we're a leading advocate for temporary/nontraditional workstyles, because we believe they allow flexibility and tremendous growth opportunities that enable a better way to work and live. Connecting great people with great companies is what we do best, and our employment opportunities span a wide variety of workstyles, skill levels, and industries around the world.
Kelly is an equal opportunity employer committed to employing a diverse workforce, including, but not limited to, minorities, females, individuals with disabilities, protected veterans, sexual orientation, gender identity. Equal Employment Opportunity is The Law.]] About Kelly Services
Kelly Services, Inc. (NASDAQ: KELYA, KELYB) is a leader in providing workforce solutions.
Kelly offers a comprehensive array of outsourcing and consulting services as well as world-class staffing on a temporary, temporary-to-hire, and direct-hire basis.
Serving clients around the globe, Kelly provided employment to more than 540,000 employees in 2013. Revenue in 2013 was $5.4 billion.
Apply on company website