QC Laboratory Technician _ Sparks, GA
Kelly Services is currently seeking a QC Laboratory Technician for one of our top clients in Sparks, GA.
Duration: 12 months with potential of being extended
Shift: Rotating Shift: Day 7am-7pm Night 7pm-7am switch shift every 3 months. Rotate 3/2 days with every other weekend. During the initial training (3 weeks) will be 7am-3pm Mon-Fri schedule.
Other: All PPEs will be provided, including steel toed shoes to wear when going inside the plant. This is a 24/7 operation plant for products of granular and liquid fungicides and insecticides used in the agricultural industry.
The QC Laboratory Technician ensures the quality of products by performing physical and chemical analyses of raw materials, in-process and finished products in support of the manufacturing process.
The QC Laboratory Technician primarily works a 12-hour rotating shift. This position requires schedule flexibility to assist with vacation coverage of other team members when necessary (including some weekends and holidays) as well as some early-morning training responsibilities.
Primary Responsibilities include:
- Analyze routine raw material, in-process, and finished good samples using various laboratory techniques including High Performance Liquid Chromatography (HPLC), Gas Chromatography (GC) and other methodology such as particle size analyzer, density meter, viscometer, etc.
- Provide timely and accurate documentation of all analytical data according to Standard Operation Procedures (SOP)
- Escalate Out-of-Spec materials to QC Lab Supervisor for data review.
- Aid in management of inventory of consumables such as HPLC columns, spare parts, reference standards, and control samples.
- Complete routine troubleshooting and maintenance of laboratory equipment.
- Identify and implement process improvement in laboratory functions.
- Strict adherence to established quality, safety and environmental standards is required
- Bachelor's Degree (Chemistry or related science field) with 2 years lab experience; OR High School Diploma with a minimum of 4 years laboratory experience or 2 years chromatography experience.
- Strong math skills.
- Strong computer skills including proficiency in Microsoft Word and Excel.
- Strong knowledge of analytical techniques, understanding of proper chemical handling, use, storage and disposal.
- Must be able to work a rotating shift that includes days, nights, weekends, and holidays.
- Bachelor's Degree(BS) preferred in Chemistry or related science field.
- 5 years of experience in an Analytical Lab environment.
- Proficiency in laboratory techniques, including by not limited to hands on use of HPLC and we chemistry methods.
- Experience in microbiological analysis.
- Experience with Gas Chromatography (GC)
- Experience with Liquid Chromatography-Mass Spectroscopy (LCMS).
Important information: This position is recruited for by a remote Kelly office, not your local Kelly branch. Applicants must be legally permitted to work in the United States. Email email@example.com for questions about the position but please apply online to be considered for the position.
- As a Kelly Services employee, you will have access to numerous perks, including:
- Exposure to a variety of career opportunities as a result of our expansive network of client companies
- Career guides, information and tools to help you successfully position yourself throughout every stage of your career
- Access to more than 3,000 online training courses through our Kelly Learning Center
- Weekly pay and service bonus plans
- Group-rate insurance options available immediately upon hire*
*Available for purchase and administered by a designated third-party vendor
Kelly® Science & Clinical is your connection to premier scientific and clinical companies looking to hire talented people just like you. Every day, we match science professionals with dream jobs that fit their skills and interests—it's the way we think job searching should be. Nearly 100 percent of our science recruiters have a professional background/education in science, so we know a thing or two about the science market and how to get you noticed.About Kelly®
At Kelly, we're always thinking about what's next and advising job seekers on new ways of working to reach their full potential. In fact, we're a leading advocate for temporary/nontraditional workstyles, because we believe they allow flexibility and tremendous growth opportunities that enable a better way to work and live (plus, did we mention we provide a ton of benefits). Connecting great people with great companies is what we do best, and our employment opportunities span a wide variety of workstyles, skill levels, and industries around the world.
Kelly is an equal opportunity employer committed to employing a diverse workforce, including, but not limited to, minorities, females, individuals with disabilities, protected veterans, sexual orientation, gender identity. Equal Employment Opportunity is The Law.]] About Kelly Services
Kelly Services, Inc. (NASDAQ: KELYA, KELYB) is a leader in providing workforce solutions.
Kelly offers a comprehensive array of outsourcing and consulting services as well as world-class staffing on a temporary, temporary-to-hire, and direct-hire basis.
Serving clients around the globe, Kelly provided employment to more than 540,000 employees in 2013. Revenue in 2013 was $5.4 billion.
Apply on company website