*** Given the nature of this Client's business Candidates Must be United States citizens (dual citizenship is not allowed)**
Quality Engineering Manager – Billerica, MA
The Quality Engineering Manager has primary responsibilities for managing quality performance, designing and implementing strategies necessary to ensure a successful manufacturing process to include internal and external suppliers. This focus will prevent possible customer complaints in the development or production process, and creating meaningful metrics for consumables, hardware, software, and equipment used throughout the Company's business lines. Quality Engineering Manager interfaces regularly with the Company's supply base, as well as various key stakeholders within the organization including Program & Product Management, Field Ops, Purchasing, Manufacturing, Manufacturing Engineering, and Configuration Management. The QE Manager is the lead in managing supplier source inspections and audits, Material Review Board (MRB), and the processing of Non-Conforming Material Reports (NCMR'S), Investigation Requests (IR's) as well has Supplier Corrective Action Reporting (SCAR) systems. The QE Manager is responsible for managing all the needed steps to obtain customer satisfaction, both internal & external, with purchased parts, material, or equipment.
Essential Job Functions (includes but is not limited to):
- Manage the implementation of Supply Chain and Company policies/procedures in pursuit of organizational objectives and Key Results.
- Develop and/or enhance trusted relationships with customers and suppliers; represent The Company in a professional and ethical manner at all times.
- Participate with Supplier Agreement compliance and NSA flow downs.
- Manage and conduct Supplier Quality process audits along with on-site Supplier Source Inspections and manage Third Party Qualification process.
- Audit the product at the supplier and at the production facilities, making sure that it is specification compliant and that the manufacturing process, quality, and packaging can be achieved.
- Solve manufacturing and field complaints via monitoring and analysis of the quality problems, ensuring that the contingency and definitive measures are implemented assuring process stability and preventing these issues in the future. Apply methods like DOE, 6 Sigma, CEP, etc. to analyze the root causes of complaints.
- Manage supplier scorecard development and implementation.
- Manage the Material Review Board (MRB) and the NCMR, SCAR and IR processes.
- Assist Purchasing in the resolution of technical matters and other issues related to the timely ordering and delivery of materials. Recommend technical product improvements evaluating risks and potential chances to avoid quality manufacturing issues, by comparing similar parts assembly line and field development
- Provide SCM review/approval of ECO's and procurement documentation for key materials: participate in weekly Configuration Management meetings as necessary.
- Evaluate the initial samples and/or engineering change requests looking for product specification compliance, assuring the planning timelines correspond to PM guidelines
- Help manage the implementation of SCM cost reduction initiatives, including alternate source evaluation. Evaluate technical proposals (product and process) based on the information provided by simulations in the suppliers, in order to recommend new parts nominations that will grant the achievement of the timeline with the desired quality
- Lead, develop, and coordinate quality-assuring activity/improvement programs/projects with/at suppliers and pursue implementation of identified improvement measures and follow-up action plans to achieve the desired quality requirements and results
- Chair periodic Integrated Product Team (IPT) meetings to manage key suppliers and/or projects.
- Also performs similar work-related duties as assigned
- Dynamic individual with a very high sense of urgency and self-starter capabilities
- Computer skills – Excellent proficiency in Excel, Power Point, Visio, Word
- Experience in MS Access, Project, and Quality Software – Minitab, SAS, JMP, strongly desired
- Bachelor's Degree in Manufacturing, Chemical, Process, or Materials Engineering with work experience in quality and supplier management
- Minimum of 5-7 years supplier quality / source inspection experience/layered process audits.
- Ability to travel to IDEMIA manufacturing facilities up to 25%-50% of time (some global travel may be required)
- Quality Systems Planning (APQP), including PPAP, AQL sampling strongly desired
- Green Belt, Black Belt, Certified Quality Engineer or Manager - ASQ Certification or equivalent strongly desired
- Possess a strong understanding of effective Quality systems and methodologies and their impact on both the internal and external business environments
- Excellent technical writing and verbal communication skills
- Must have excellent organizational skills and ability to work independently
- Strong project management and leadership skills;
- Ability to collaborate with cross functional departments
Kelly puts you in charge of your career, with access to cutting edge projects and technologies in industry leading organizations. Top companies throughout the world have trusted Kelly as a premier source of engineering talent and services since 1965. And engineering job seekers know Kelly as a firm with an unmatched reputation for quality, integrity, and professionalism. Whether you seek the variety and flexibility of working on short-term project engagements or prefer contract-to-hire or direct-hire placement with our clients, apply with Kelly to explore opportunities that suit your specific professional interests.About Kelly®
At Kelly, we're always thinking about what's next and advising job seekers on new ways of working to reach their full potential. In fact, we're a leading advocate for temporary/nontraditional workstyles, because we believe they allow flexibility and tremendous growth opportunities that enable a better way to work and live. Connecting great people with great companies is what we do best, and our employment opportunities span a wide variety of workstyles, skill levels, and industries around the world.
Kelly is an equal opportunity employer committed to employing a diverse workforce, including, but not limited to, minorities, females, individuals with disabilities, protected veterans, sexual orientation, gender identity. Equal Employment Opportunity is The Law.]] About Kelly Services
Kelly Services, Inc. (NASDAQ: KELYA, KELYB) is a leader in providing workforce solutions.
Kelly offers a comprehensive array of outsourcing and consulting services as well as world-class staffing on a temporary, temporary-to-hire, and direct-hire basis.
Serving clients around the globe, Kelly provided employment to more than 540,000 employees in 2013. Revenue in 2013 was $5.4 billion.
Apply on company website