Be a critical member of a hardware/circuit design team. As the Senior Power Electronics Design Engineer you will create the latest in analog/digital power products for the electrification of vehicles projects. This position will take you through the entire power converter (supply) development process; meeting specifications, analysis, design, build, test, & production.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Lead design from concept - to release - to end of life.
- Analyze/compare/evaluate power product requirements, their specifications, and cost.
- Prepare technical and cost proposals and create new design technical customer presentations
- Develop product electrical hardware circuitry to meet customer specifications and requirements. Select circuit components and design custom magnetics, working closely with their vendors. Enter and complete circuit schematics, diagrams, and documentation.
- Define PCB layout diagrams and aid thermal/mechanical engineering colleagues with the product's development.
- Collaborate within a multi-functional advanced engineering team including R&D facilities and manufacturing factories.
- Define prototype build processes, work with local CMs, help generate necessary work instructions and build documentation.
- Define product test requirements. Perform circuit test, troubleshoot, update, and finalize prototype electrical engineering circuits and documentation. Collaborate with company owned & third party agencies for global automotive safety/EMC/specific regulatory compliance.
- Prepare project and team engineering functions. Including company meetings, vender meetings, customer communications/support, factory support, and design reviews.
- Mentor lesser experienced engineers helping with project goals.
- Willingness to participate in a multidisciplinary team culture.
- Adhere to company/department/team policies and procedures.
Education / Training Requirements
College graduate with a minimum design experience of 10 years possessing BSEE, 7 years MSEE or PhD; compensation commensurate with experience. Automotive experience a plus.
Willingness to learn and attend professional training courses as needed.
Core Competencies / Knowledge
Knowledge base of automotive standards.
Automotive Core Tools.
Demonstrate competency of isolated/non-isolated SMPS AC/DC, DC/DC power topologies, switch-mode theory, power semiconductor operation, power magnetics design, power filter design, closed loop control/stability design, digital power methodology, and other associated ancillary circuitry.
Knowledgeable in high current (up to 500A) and high voltage (up to 1000V) designs.
Excellent working knowledge of solid-state electrical power components and their materials; resistors, capacitors, inductors, transformers, transient suppression devices, analog PWM control ICs, power semiconductor drive ICs/TXs, operational amplifiers, comparators, opto/signal-isolators, microcontrollers, and programmable logic ICs.
Knowledgeable in circuit and PCB design to meet power integrity, regulatory, and EMC requirements.
ISO26262/ASIL standards including FTA, FMEDA, DIA, SPF-matrix.
Knowledgeable in electrical and electromechanical materials and components.
Electronic circuit simulation and worst-case circuit analysis (WCCA) methods.
Proficient in MS Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook).
Skills and Abilities
Excellent articulate laboratory skills/workmanship; working experience developing and conducting lab test, troubleshooting, & system verification of high efficiency power circuitry
Excellent concise technical writing/reading skills for; system specifications, meeting presentations, design reviews, device operation descriptions, work instructions, technical reports, company procedure completion.
Ability to write hardware-software interface requirements.
R&D Lab functional skills: SMT & TH component soldering/de-soldering, PCBA repair, bread-boarding, white-wiring, building custom magnetics for prototyping.
Ability to use measurement and test equipment like: Chroma, Keysight, Tektronix, Venable, & Yokogawa.
Ability to use EDA tools like: Altium ECAD, MATHCAD, MATLAB, Simulink, SPICE…
Must possess excellent organizational skills, communication proficiency, capable decision making, and problem solving/analysis.
Must maintain a professional and cooperative demeanor.
Must be reliable, self-directed and capable of working independently, with the ability to work on numerous projects simultaneously and use sound judgment in prioritizing tasks to meet deadlines.
Proactive, team-oriented person who can anticipate needs, take initiative with excellent follow-through and require little direction or supervision.
Must be an effective leader that is capable of motivating and mentoring employees and delegating work.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee regularly works in an office setting.
Willingness to travel, less than 17% annually expected.
Complies with all safety requirements.
Maintains a high standard of housekeeping.
You should know: Your safety matters! Vaccination against COVID-19 may be a requirement for this job in compliance with current client and governmental policies. A Kelly recruiter will confirm and share more details with you during the interview process.Why Kelly®
Your engineering skills are in demand, but how do you find the right fit? Easy. With Kelly® Engineering, our experts connect you with leading organizations where you can learn and grow, collaborate on innovative projects, and keep your skills sharp with top technology. Whether you prefer the variety and flexibility of short-term projects, or are looking for something more long-term, we're here every step of the way to find your dream engineering job.About Kelly®
At Kelly, we're always thinking about what's next and advising job seekers on new ways of working to reach their full potential. In fact, we're a leading advocate for temporary/nontraditional workstyles, because we believe they allow flexibility and tremendous growth opportunities that enable a better way to work and live (plus, did we mention we provide a ton of benefits). Connecting great people with great companies is what we do best, and our employment opportunities span a wide variety of workstyles, skill levels, and industries around the world.
Kelly is an equal opportunity employer committed to employing a diverse workforce and providing accommodations for people with disabilities in all parts of the hiring process as required under its Employment Accommodation Policy. Kelly will work with applicants to meet accommodation needs that are made known to Kelly in advance.]] About Kelly Services
Kelly Services, Inc. (NASDAQ: KELYA, KELYB) is a leader in providing workforce solutions.
Kelly offers a comprehensive array of outsourcing and consulting services as well as world-class staffing on a temporary, temporary-to-hire, and direct-hire basis.
Serving clients around the globe, Kelly provided employment to more than 540,000 employees in 2013. Revenue in 2013 was $5.4 billion.
Apply on company website