I have an exciting Direct Hire opportunity for an Embedded Firmware Engineer with a Client located in Huntington, IN who is a leading provider of HVAC, refrigeration, fire, security, and building automation technologies.
This position is a resource for the Fire & Security Global Controls Hardware Design group and will play a key role in architecting and developing strategic firmware solutions for new Fire & Security hardware products from conception to general product availability. This involves being able to communicate effectively across engineering resources and product partners to determine feasibility / architecture strategy and translating requirements into embedded design and implementation firmware.
The firmware architect must be an influential technology leader capable of leading across technical fields with the ability to effectively communicate plans and status to executive management. Responsibilities will include but are not limited to:
- Work across the controls business segments to develop an embedded firmware strategy / architecture while coordinating the implementation plan with engineering resources from multiple design centers.
- Work closely with key partners including engineering, product, and project management to develop firmware requirement specifications and be able to transfer those requirements into a firmware design specification document.
- Drive the firmware architecture/development for electronic instrumentation products such as Temperature Data loggers, RF/Wireless data loggers and Real-Time tracking devices (using ZigBee, WiFi, Bluetooth, NFC, ISM band, Cellular).
- Work with varying brands of Microcontrollers and the ability develop firmware or to lead other Firmware Engineers in the development of code for a product.
- Work closely with the Verification and Validation test group to develop test methodology in support of platform code architecture/modules, and resolve any coding issues.
- Develop and implement documentation to advance the firmware development process including (but not limited to) firmware architecture, design, or build specifications.
- Perform technology scanning relative to embedded solutions to drive the controls organizational innovation and strategic technology development efforts.
- Collaborate with outside vendors, consultants, and customers as necessary to support product firmware development.
- Actively collaborate with other departments as required based on project requirements.
Essential knowledge & skills:
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or Electrical Engineering.
- 7+ years of software system requirements analysis, design, development, integration, and/or testing.
- Strong embedded C, C++ skills. Embedded assembly code and embedded Linux skills are a plus.
- Experience using RTOS, bare metal and Linux design methodologies and implementation.
- Embedded architecture and documentation.
- Strong understanding of electronic principles as they pertain to microcontrollers.
- Experience with RF/wireless hardware and network protocols associated with ZigBee, Bluetooth, Wi-Fi, NFC, and cellular data
- Knowledge and experience in utilizing asynchronous TCP/IP, UDP stacks.
- Resource management in a multi-threaded embedded application.
- Experience in conducting software code review and experience with software Static Analysis tools.
- Uses best coding practices in an attempt to maximize maintenance and reliability
- Experience with integrating digital and analog sensors such as Temperature, Humidity, Motion, Light & accelerometers.
- Work with manufacturing to develop software test strategies to support advanced controls development.
- Proficient with Microsoft Word, Microsoft Excel & Microsoft Project.
- Advanced degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or Electrical Engineering.
- Background in electronic instrumentation firmware design and Wireless product firmware design for battery operated devices.
- Knowledge in the use of complex lab instruments and equipment (DVM, Oscilloscopes, RF Power Meters, Spectrum Analyzers, Data BUS Analyzers, Data Acquisition Units, Environmental Temperature Chambers).
- Ability to develop software tools and simulation to support product development
- Understanding of basic hardware interfaces like I2C, SPI, GPIO, and UART
- Telemetry/GPS/CDMA/GPRS/UMTS knowledge
- Experience with using databases in software such as MSSQL and MySQL
Your engineering skills are in demand, but how do you find the right fit? Easy. With Kelly® Engineering, our experts connect you with leading organizations where you can learn and grow, collaborate on innovative projects, and keep your skills sharp with top technology. Whether you prefer the variety and flexibility of short-term projects, or are looking for something more long-term, we're here every step of the way to find your dream engineering job.About Kelly®
At Kelly, we're always thinking about what's next and advising job seekers on new ways of working to reach their full potential. In fact, we're a leading advocate for temporary/nontraditional workstyles, because we believe they allow flexibility and tremendous growth opportunities that enable a better way to work and live (plus, did we mention we provide a ton of benefits). Connecting great people with great companies is what we do best, and our employment opportunities span a wide variety of workstyles, skill levels, and industries around the world.
Kelly is an equal opportunity employer committed to employing a diverse workforce and providing accommodations for people with disabilities in all parts of the hiring process as required under its Employment Accommodation Policy. Kelly will work with applicants to meet accommodation needs that are made known to Kelly in advance.]] About Kelly Services
Kelly Services, Inc. (NASDAQ: KELYA, KELYB) is a leader in providing workforce solutions.
Kelly offers a comprehensive array of outsourcing and consulting services as well as world-class staffing on a temporary, temporary-to-hire, and direct-hire basis.
Serving clients around the globe, Kelly provided employment to more than 540,000 employees in 2013. Revenue in 2013 was $5.4 billion.
Apply on company website