Substitute Custodian, Greenland School District
There are lots of ways to help kids learn—and it starts with a clean environment. Give kids a fresh start every day as a substitute custodian.
Why become a Substitute Custodian?
- Ensure a safe, clean environment for students to learn and teachers to teach
- Engage in the spirit of a positive school culture
- Feel good about the work you do in your own community
- Earn steady income through a variety of short- and long-term substitute positions available
- Enjoy a flexible schedule and work-life balance
In the absence of a full-time custodial worker, the Kelly Education substitute custodian creates a clean, safe environment for students, staff, and school visitors, and acts under the direction and supervision of the school district's full-time professional staff.
- Clean and sanitize restrooms using practices and procedures established by the school district
- Clean, dust, and sanitize furniture
- Sweep, mop, or vacuum floors
- Empty/clean wastebaskets and trash containers
- Refill dispensers
- Wash accessible interior windows and clean blinds
- Wash walls and equipment; use ladders when required in work assignments
- Launder cleaning rags and dust mops
- Assist with the setup of facilities for classrooms, meetings, or events
- Secure classrooms or building when facilities are not in use, turn off lights, lock and unlock assigned doors
- Follow instructions regarding the use of chemicals and supplies
- Attend to urgent custodial matters when necessary
- Report any school building or grounds safety concerns, or faulty equipment, to school district personnel
- Report all personal injury or school property theft to Kelly supervisor and district/school personnel immediately
- Dress in a safe and appropriate manner as described in the Kelly Education Standards of Professional Conduct
- Follow sign-in and sign-out procedures as determined by the school district personnel
- Perform other related duties as required
- Ability to follow oral and written directions
- Ability to establish effective working relationships with school district staff
- Ability to positively relate to a younger generation of students
- Ability to withstand frequent walking, standing, stooping, and lifting up to 25 lbs
Perks you'll enjoy as a Substitute Custodian:
- Paid orientation on district policies and procedures so you understand the culture and requirements of the school district
- Weekly pay
- Kelly-sponsored Affordable Care Act healthcare coverage, for eligible employees
- Group insurance options*
- Ability to create a work schedule that works for you
- Ability to select your preferred school locations
*Offered and administered by Leslie & Associates. These plans are not sponsored by Kelly.
1. Apply now!
*For convenient communication, opt-in to receive text messages from Kelly upon applying
2. If you meet the minimum requirements, you will receive a response to your application within 24 – 48 business hours. This is an opportunity for you to also get questions answered and learn more about the position.
3. Share this job. Know someone who would make a great substitute teacher? We're always looking for more role models!
Our commitment to you:
Kelly® Education is committed to our substitute employees working in safe environments. Kelly Education operates under the collective guidance of the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), state officials, and school district administration, and we ensure our employees are adequately protected by school district policies and procedures.
Looking for meaningful work that enriches the lives of students in your community? At Kelly® Education, we connect passionate people with great jobs in local schools. Whether you're looking to work a few days a week or every day, want to work in a classroom or a non-instructional role—we'll connect you with flexible work you can feel good about. Even if you're new to the education field, our thorough training and orientation will prepare you to be successful.
At Kelly, we're always thinking about what's next and advising job seekers on new ways of working to reach their full potential. In fact, we're a leading advocate for temporary/nontraditional workstyles, because we believe they allow flexibility and tremendous growth opportunities that enable a better way to work and live. Connecting great people with great companies is what we do best, and our employment opportunities span a wide variety of workstyles, skill levels, and industries around the world.
Kelly is an equal opportunity employer committed to employing a diverse workforce, including, but not limited to, minorities, females, individuals with disabilities, protected veterans, sexual orientation, gender identity. Equal Employment Opportunity is The Law.]] About Kelly Services
Kelly Services, Inc. (NASDAQ: KELYA, KELYB) is a leader in providing workforce solutions.
Kelly offers a comprehensive array of outsourcing and consulting services as well as world-class staffing on a temporary, temporary-to-hire, and direct-hire basis.
Serving clients around the globe, Kelly provided employment to more than 540,000 employees in 2013. Revenue in 2013 was $5.4 billion.
Apply on company website