Temporary Food Quality Technician – Preston, WA
The Food Quality Technician tests foods and beverages to ensure conformance to product specifications ensuring our products live up to consumer's standards. If you're a highly motivated person looking to work with a great team, then this is the perfect opportunity for you.
- Temporary – 12 weeks with possibility to extend or convert to direct hire
- Monday – Friday 12:30 to 9:30pm
- $22.75 with shift differential
- Monitor finished product and evaluate whether it meets our standards.
- Record data accurately and promptly using software to record and analyze data.
- Conduct daily sampling and inspection of water treatment and wastewater to determine if they meet set specifications.
- Collect and test samples of raw materials and finished product.
- Collect and perform micro testing on water treatment samples, finished product, rinse samples, and packaging samples.
- Maintain the cleanliness of test equipment, utensils, and laboratory in accordance with standard food laboratory techniques, methods, and requirements.
- Perform and document pre-operational inspection at startup and product change-over.
- Perform cleaning procedures on the batching, blending, and filling equipment.
- Cross-train to assist in batching.
- Ensure food safety, quality, and SQF practices are followed at all times, notifying immediate manager of any food safety and/or quality issues.
- Complete other responsibilities as assigned.
- Prefer degree in Food Science, Biology, Microbiology or related field OR experience.
- Proficiency with the Microsoft Office suite.
- Ability to accommodate overtime, occasionally working other shifts and weekends.
- Ability to lift and carry 35 lbs. repetitively and up to 75 lbs. occasionally, as well as to push and pull up to 100 lbs. regularly.
Please note, this role is safety sensitive. This means that as part of your core responsibilities you will be regularly responsible for your own safety and/or the safety of others. This role may be subject to random drug testing (including alcohol, cannabinoids, cocaine, methamphetamine, opiates, and phencyclidine).
You should know: Your safety matters! Vaccination against COVID-19 may be a requirement for this job in compliance with current client and governmental policies. A Kelly recruiter will confirm and share more details with you during the interview process.Why Kelly® Science & Clinical?
Kelly Science & Clinical is your connection to premier scientific and clinical companies looking to hire industry experts just like you. Our team creates expert talent solutions to solve the world's most critical challenges. Every day, we match science professionals with dream jobs that fit their skills, interests, and career goals—it's the way we think job searching should be. Nearly 100 percent of our science recruiters have a professional background and education in science, so we know a thing or two about the science market and how to get your expertise noticed.About Kelly®
At Kelly, we're always thinking about what's next and advising job seekers on new ways of working to reach their full potential. In fact, we're a leading advocate for temporary/nontraditional workstyles, because we believe they allow flexibility and tremendous growth opportunities that enable a better way to work and live (plus, did we mention we provide a ton of benefits). Connecting great people with great companies is what we do best, and our employment opportunities span a wide variety of workstyles, skill levels, and industries around the world.
Kelly Services is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We welcome, value, and embrace diversity at all levels and are committed to building a team that is inclusive of a variety of backgrounds, communities, perspectives, and abilities. At Kelly, we believe that the more inclusive we are, the better services we can provide. Requests for accommodation related to our application process can be directed to Kelly's Human Resource Knowledge Center. Kelly complies with the requirements of California's state and local Fair Chance laws. A conviction does not automatically bar individuals from employment.]] About Kelly Services
Kelly Services, Inc. (NASDAQ: KELYA, KELYB) is a leader in providing workforce solutions.
Kelly offers a comprehensive array of outsourcing and consulting services as well as world-class staffing on a temporary, temporary-to-hire, and direct-hire basis.
Serving clients around the globe, Kelly provided employment to more than 540,000 employees in 2013. Revenue in 2013 was $5.4 billion.
Apply on company website