VANS, a VF Company. The Vans brand has been connecting with youth culture to promote creative self-expression, authenticity, and individuality for over 50 years, proudly celebrating the brands deep heritage in action sports, art, music and street culture. Today, the Vans evolution continues. From its foundation as an original skateboarding company and its emergence as a leading action sports brand, to its rise in becoming one of the world's most influential action sport and youth culture brands, Vans has championed powerful cultural storytelling that matches its business performance. For a brief history of VANS: Off the Wall Since 66 check out www.vans.com/history.
This is a part time position 25-30 hours per week.
The Testing Lab Engineer Supports brand material development and innovation by testing textiles, rubber, foam and footwear components to help inform future developments and ultimately enable the teams to reach their goals
Daily activities include:
- Organize and schedule materials required for testing from brand and innovation teams.
- Prepare material samples for testing as required per approved test method.
- Conduct physical testing of materials including rubber, foam, textiles, and leather.
- Conduce whole shoe testing to determine comfort, cushioning, traction, thermal management, and other performance parameters as needed.
- Create test data reports and update testing database in SmartSheet.
- Communicate testing results to brand and innovation teams and help inform where improvements may be needed.
Skills and Requirements
- Must be curious, collaborative, and a team player.
- Excellent PC skills.
- Strong written/verbal communication and analytical skills.
- Ability to manage multiple priorities effectively while working with minimal supervision.
- Bachelors in Material Science, Mechanical Engineering, Textile Science, or closely related field.
- Will consider seniors who are close to graduation.
Your engineering skills are in demand, but how do you find the right fit? Easy. With Kelly® Engineering, our experts connect you with leading organizations where you can learn and grow, collaborate on innovative projects, and keep your skills sharp with top technology. Whether you prefer the variety and flexibility of short-term projects, or are looking for something more long-term, we're here every step of the way to find your dream engineering job.About Kelly®
At Kelly, we're always thinking about what's next and advising job seekers on new ways of working to reach their full potential. In fact, we're a leading advocate for temporary/nontraditional workstyles, because we believe they allow flexibility and tremendous growth opportunities that enable a better way to work and live (plus, did we mention we provide a ton of benefits). Connecting great people with great companies is what we do best, and our employment opportunities span a wide variety of workstyles, skill levels, and industries around the world.
Kelly is an equal opportunity employer committed to employing a diverse workforce and providing accommodations for people with disabilities in all parts of the hiring process as required under its Employment Accommodation Policy. Kelly will work with applicants to meet accommodation needs that are made known to Kelly in advance.]] About Kelly Services
Kelly Services, Inc. (NASDAQ: KELYA, KELYB) is a leader in providing workforce solutions.
Kelly offers a comprehensive array of outsourcing and consulting services as well as world-class staffing on a temporary, temporary-to-hire, and direct-hire basis.
Serving clients around the globe, Kelly provided employment to more than 540,000 employees in 2013. Revenue in 2013 was $5.4 billion.
Apply on company website