Kelly Services is actively recruiting a Direct Hire opportunity for a Tissue Processing Supervisor located in Nashville, TN.
Two shifts are available:
- Monday - Thursday; 5am - 3:30pm.
- Friday – Sunday; 6am – 6:30pm.
The Tissue Processing Supervisor supervises the daily multi-shift tissue processing operations. Monitors daily activities of personnel in production area to ensure tasks are performed in a safe and efficient manner to meet donor processing and distribution objectives. Provides hands-on training and/or organizes training for employees with qualified preceptors. Ensures employees are operating in alignment with established policies and procedures according to the company's quality system. Processes human tissue in a clean room environment. Properly and safely handles human tissue for transplantation, surgical instruments, power equipment, chemical reagents and biohazard waste according to standard operating procedures, applicable AATB standards and FDA regulations. Prepares reports and records, performs required data entry of processing events including graft dimensions, anatomical identification, measurements, treatment times and materials used, etc. Completes research projects requiring manipulation of tissues and equipment. Reports to Processing Manager and Equipment Associate when maintenance and/or repairs are required on specialized equipment, ships tissue for irradiation and operates lyophilizer when assigned. Creates and implements production plans/schedules, reviews charts and updates employee training records as required.
Job Duties of the Tissue Processing Supervisor includes:
- Oversees day-to-day activities at assigned locations with responsibility for the designated personnel that process tissue and/or support tissue processing activities. Processes musculoskeletal tissue, skin, cortical powder, and/or other human tissues for transplantation. Processing includes the cleaning, cutting, shaping, sizing, grinding, chemical/antibiotic treatment, packaging, preservation and other manipulations.
- Trains technical level personnel responsible for the performance of operational activities, documenting information in staff training records. Supervises and develops appropriate personnel to achieve superior results. Monitors staff through daily observations and interaction. Creates and implements production plans/schedules. Reviews production records censuring process compliance with Quality System.
- Prepares and submits routine and/or special reports detailing operational activities.
- Establishes and maintains sterile environment within a clean room or laminar flow hood. Obtains specimens for bacteriological cultures and inoculates media. Breaks down, decontaminates and disinfects clean room environment.
- As needed, will assist team in the initial QC of technical performance and allograft suitability, including, but not limited to inspection for proper processing techniques, removal of blood, lipids, residual tissues, and packaging material defects according to SOP. Shapes, measures, cultures, packages and labels allografts, graft materials, QC samples and materials for research/discard/disposal according to SOP. Completes processing records and performs data entry.
- Ships tissue for irradiation, operates lyophilizer and performs other related duties.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Requirements of the Tissue Processing Supervisor includes:
- High school diploma or equivalent is minimum requirement along with additional medical or technical training education is required. BS degree or higher education is preferred. preferred.
- Minimum of three years of tissue banking experience in regulated environment, as well as previous supervisory experience preferred.
- Licenses/Certifications: CTBS (Certified Tissue Bank Specialist) is preferred but not required.
- Computer Skills: Word, PowerPoint, Excel, Outlook and SharePoint.
You should know: Your safety matters! Vaccination against COVID-19 may be a requirement for this job in compliance with current client and governmental policies. A Kelly recruiter will confirm and share more details with you during the interview process.Why Kelly® Science & Clinical?
Kelly Science & Clinical is your connection to premier scientific and clinical companies looking to hire industry experts just like you. Our team creates expert talent solutions to solve the world's most critical challenges. Every day, we match science professionals with dream jobs that fit their skills, interests, and career goals—it's the way we think job searching should be. Nearly 100 percent of our science recruiters have a professional background and education in science, so we know a thing or two about the science market and how to get your expertise noticed.About Kelly®
At Kelly, we're always thinking about what's next and advising job seekers on new ways of working to reach their full potential. In fact, we're a leading advocate for temporary/nontraditional workstyles, because we believe they allow flexibility and tremendous growth opportunities that enable a better way to work and live (plus, did we mention we provide a ton of benefits). Connecting great people with great companies is what we do best, and our employment opportunities span a wide variety of workstyles, skill levels, and industries around the world.
Kelly Services is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We welcome, value, and embrace diversity at all levels and are committed to building a team that is inclusive of a variety of backgrounds, communities, perspectives, and abilities. At Kelly, we believe that the more inclusive we are, the better services we can provide. Requests for accommodation related to our application process can be directed to Kelly's Human Resource Knowledge Center. Kelly complies with the requirements of California's state and local Fair Chance laws. A conviction does not automatically bar individuals from employment.]] About Kelly Services
Kelly Services, Inc. (NASDAQ: KELYA, KELYB) is a leader in providing workforce solutions.
Kelly offers a comprehensive array of outsourcing and consulting services as well as world-class staffing on a temporary, temporary-to-hire, and direct-hire basis.
Serving clients around the globe, Kelly provided employment to more than 540,000 employees in 2013. Revenue in 2013 was $5.4 billion.
Apply on company website