Kettering Health is a not-for-profit network of nine hospitals, Kettering College, and over 160 outpatient facilities serving southwest Ohio. Patients have access to high quality maternity care, state-of-the-art cancer fighting technology, Ohio's leading heart hospital, as well as revolutionary brain and spine surgery. With nearly 14,000 employees and 2,100 physicians, Kettering Health is committed to transforming the healthcare experience with world class health services for every stage of life.
As a faith-based organization we are dedicated to treating all patients with love and respect regardless of religious preference. Multi-denominational Spiritual Services are offered at the network every day.
Responsibilities & Requirements
The Surgical Technician (ST) First Assist is responsible for assisting in direct care to patients undergoing surgical intervention by selecting, setting up, and passing of sterile instruments to the surgeon and assistants, under the direction of the RN and the surgeon. This position requires on-call coverage.
The Surgical Technician reports to the clinical manager. This position is for the Cardiothoracic and Cardiovascualr team.Responsibilities: The CSFA/CSA may perform specific significant surgical tasks under Professional Supervision. Some tasks include but are not limited to the following:
- Position and Prepping patients
- Opening and closing surgical sites
- Dissecting tissue and removal of tissue
- Implanting Devices
- Altering tissue
- Provide hemostasis
- Applying/removing dressings, splints and casts
- Administering local and other topical agents as ordered
- Place IVs
- Other such procedures as requested and necessary
- Responsible for assisting in direct care to patients; surgical techs continually support surgeons and nurses by selecting, setting up, and passing of sterile instruments to the surgeon and assistants
- The Surgical Tech's actions and communications should reflect Kettering Health Networks mission, vision, values, and policies in interactions with patients, families, and coworkers
- Successful completion of examination for first assistant First Assistant certification
- Open heart experience is required
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Surgical experience preferred; with a minimum 4 years' experience if not a graduate of an ST program
- Experience as a ST preferred
- If not certified ST, must obtain within a year of hire
- CPR certified
- Ability to multitask and work in fast pace environment
- Able to function independently as a surgical technician
- Customer service/communication skills
- Ability to teach others due to being a teaching facility
- On-call is required
Apply on company website