Kettering Health is a not-for-profit network of nine hospitals, Kettering College, and over 160 outpatient facilities serving southwest Ohio. Patients have access to high quality maternity care, state-of-the-art cancer fighting technology, Ohio's leading heart hospital, as well as revolutionary brain and spine surgery. With nearly 14,000 employees and 2,100 physicians, Kettering Health is committed to transforming the healthcare experience with world class health services for every stage of life.
Kettering Health recently celebrated the 50th anniversary of Kettering Medical Center.
As a faith-based organization we are dedicated to treating all patients with love and respect regardless of religious preference. Multi-denominational Spiritual Services are offered at the network every day.
Reporting to the Patient Financial Services Director, the Patient Accounts Manager is responsible for leading and planning billing operations for Kettering Health Network. This role plays the tactical lead in carrying out the vision of the department supporting the vision and mission of the Network. This role has a full understanding of the revenue cycle, each role within the process, and its effect on the revenue cycle as a whole. Establishes standards and expectations for improvement initiatives and ensures they are aligned with Revenue Cycle initiatives. Responsible for leadership, direction, and focus in the application of patient accounts standards and principals to affect continuous improvement. Creates an environment where new ideas are encouraged.
- Manages claim billing and follow-up operations by setting goals and objectives and developing strategies for achieving goals; managing staff productivity; accomplishes operating efficiency through process development/revision, system enhancement, reject/edit/ denial management, and exceptional communication with staff and customers
- Maintains AR days, Aging, and other AR metrics at goal levels
- Provides administrative direction to Coordinators and other personnel in the resolution of problems or difficult tasks
- Possesses skills for accepting responsibility, making decisions, directing, delegating, and supervising personnel
- Process improvement skills and the ability to develop and execute a plan of action
- Maintain and develops a competent, productive, quality conscious, engaged workforce
- Accountable for budget adherence
- Must demonstrate excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Knowledge of billing requirements, revenue cycle operations, AR system skills, payer websites/systems
- Demonstrate knowledge of payer guidelines and government payment regulations
- Strong analytical skills
- Demonstrate skills in statistical analysis necessary to examine patient accounting activities and detect/resolve any relate issues
- Experienced in Microsoft Word and Excel
- Ability to lead and motivate individuals and groups of people
- Ability to exercise independent judgement
- Associates degree or equivalent four years' experience in medical management in the office or facility setting
- Minimum of five years' experience in patient accounting methods/procedures
Experience in Epic
Apply on company website