Kettering Health is a not-for-profit network of nine hospitals, Kettering College, and over 160 outpatient facilities serving southwest Ohio. Patients have access to high quality maternity care, state-of-the-art cancer fighting technology, Ohio's leading heart hospital, as well as revolutionary brain and spine surgery. With nearly 14,000 employees and 2,100 physicians, Kettering Health is committed to transforming the healthcare experience with world class health services for every stage of life.
Kettering Health recently celebrated the 50th anniversary of Kettering Medical Center.
As a faith-based organization we are dedicated to treating all patients with love and respect regardless of religious preference. Multi-denominational Spiritual Services are offered at the network every day.
The surgery scheduler will act as a liaison between the patient, physicians and hospital. They are responsible for all functions related to the coordination of scheduling surgery and hospital-based procedures. This includes but is not limited to providing pre-operative information on the procedure to the patient, coordinating date and time of procedure with all parties involved, answering patient questions regarding procedure, immediate scheduling of emergency cases and discussion of price estimates for the scheduled procedure. They will be responsible for working in conjunction with other departments to make sure the patient has all testing and/or clearances completed prior to surgery. The Surgery Scheduler will work closely with the precert department to make sure authorizations for insurance are obtained prior to surgery.
- High School diploma or equivalent required
- Medical Office experience required
- Surgery Scheduling preferred
- Knowledge of ICD-10 and CPT codes required
- EPIC experience preferred
- Willingness to discuss financial concerns for procedures with patient
- Must be able to maintain confidentiality and discretion
- Ability to communicate and relate well with office staff, ancillary departments and patients
- Able to work under pressure and multitask
- Strong organizational skills
Apply on company website