Gulfeagle Supply is a family owned business with over 80 locations nationwide which acquired Kimal Lumber in 2018. Since the merger, Gulfeagle and Kimal Lumber have been working to bring contractors superior service. Gulfeagle is a full line distributor of residential and commercial roofing and building products while Kimal Lumber provides dimensional lumber, sheet goods, moldings, roof trusses, windows, and interior/exterior doors. As a company, we focus on servicing the professional contractor and builder while also providing a variety of products and services to the homeowner, building owner, architect and general contractor. Together, we take pride in delivering the highest quality and best value to our customers.
FORKLIFT OPERATOR – LOADER
This position exists to pick, load, unload, stack, or move finished truss products as needed for delivery requirements within the saw area, production area and truss yard. This position will usually use a forklift to help accomplish these tasks.
- Pull truss packages and stage for delivery, band trusses together, stack trusses together in an efficient way so as to make loading and delivery easier
- Band together, stack and place finished trusses out in truss yard in organized and accessible fashion, in a manner which will cause little to no damage and allow easy access for delivery in the future
- Communicate with Truss Manager, Production Scheduler and Center Manager concerning loading and production needs to adhere to delivery schedule
- Upkeep of all yard areas – inventory is organized, neat and orderly, trash is removed and areas are free of clutter
- Maintain daily maintenance checks for forklifts with regards to safety and servicing
- Adhere to company safety rules and procedures
- All other requests as assigned by supervisor or company management
- Must be a U.S. citizen or be authorized to work in the U.S.
**All new hires must complete pre-employment background check and drug test**
- Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out written or oral instructions,
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals.
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
- Ability to work well with others in a team environment
- Kimal Forklift Certification required
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED).
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
- Regularly required to walk, see, talk and hear. Often required to stand, crouch, or sit.
- Regularly required to lift up to 10 pounds. Occasionally required to lift up to 50lbs.
- Regularly required to see clearly with close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus (ability to adjust the eye to bring an object into sharp focus).
Competitive Benefits Package:
- 401(K) Retirement Plan including Employer Match
- Paid Vacation, Sick and Holidays
- Health Insurance - Medical, Dental & Vision
- Life, AD&D, Short & Long-Term Disability
- Health & Wellness Programs
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Health Savings Accounts
- Employee Discount Programs
This Job Summary indicates the general nature and level of work expected of the incumbent(s). It is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities required of the incumbent. Incumbent(s) may be asked to perform other duties as requested. Kimal Lumber is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We do not discriminate based on race, religion, age, gender, national origin, sexual orientation, disability, or veteran status.
All duties and responsibilities are essential job functions and requirements and are subjected to possible modification to reasonably accommodate individuals with disabilities.
We are proud to be an EEO employer M/F/D/V. We maintain a drug-free workplace.EOE M/F/Disabled/Vet/Drugfree Workplace Apply Now
Apply on company website