- Cross coverage for Hospital Medicine patients.
- Follow up overnight to-do list.
- Receive and return pages/answer questions and order necessary medications, labs, EKGs, and imaging.
- Evaluate patients at bedside that require this type of assistance.
- Notify in-house nocturnal hospital medicine attending with any questions or concerns about the patient or need further assistance in patient with declining conditions. This includes, but is not limited to: falls (unwitnessed and witnessed with or without full anticoagulation or injury), new onset altered mental status, brain attack, acute chest pain, respiratory distress, active GI bleed, and acute abdomen.
- On as needed basis, nocturnist can call you to help with admissions in cases of high volume.
- Contact covering physicians for other services that may be warranted overnight through the operator
- Contact radiology to obtain preliminary reading on any imaging ordered overnight.
- Update the handoff system regarding pertinent changes in medical treatment.
- Practitioners should have at least one year of Advanced Practice experience in Hospital Medicine, Critical Care or other related field qualifications.
- Graduate of a Masters Program in Nursing.
- Maintain currency through Clinical Education Units.
- Advanced Cardiovascular Life Support (ACLS) certification required.
Licensure, Certification, Registration:
- Current license to practice in the Commonwealth of Massachusetts
- DEA number and Mass Department of Public Health Division of Food and Drug Restricted Substances registration number as appropriate.
- Written prescription privilege protocols signed by all attendings with whom the individual will be working.
- Hours: 7pm 7am
- Primarily responsible for Cross Coverage for Hospital Medicine census
- Will work as Admitter on any shift where 3 APs are scheduled together 7a-7p
Responsibilities: Cross coverage for Hospital Medicine patients.Follow up overnight “to-d...
Apply on company website