DescriptionSHIFT: Days (rotating weekends)
Pharmacy Technician - Part Time Days
Do you have the career opportunities as a Pharmacy Technician you want in your current role? We have an exciting opportunity for you to join Lakeview Regional Medical Center, a facility that is part of the nation's leading provider of healthcare services, HCA Healthcare.
At Lakeview Regional, we want to ensure your needs are met. We offer a variety of comprehensive medical, dental, and vision plans along with some unique benefits including:
- Student Loan Forgiveness
- Tuition Reimbursement/Assistance Programs
- Paid Personal Leave
- 401k (100% annual match – 3%-9% of pay based on years of service)
- Identity Theft Protection discounts
- Auto, Home, and Life Insurance options
- Adoption Assistance
- Employee Stock Purchase Program (ESPP)
We strive to provide the best possible care to our patients.
Our teams are a committed, caring group of colleagues. Do you want to work as a Pharmacy Tech where your passion for creating positive patient interactions are valued? If you are dedicated to caring for the well-being of others, this could be your next opportunity. We want your knowledge and expertise!
Pharmacy Technicians assist licensed pharmacists with the preparation and distribution of prescription medications. In a hospital setting, the pharmacy technician helps fill orders for patients and ensures that they are delivered to the right units. They also help the pharmacist ensure that the pharmacy has the right amount of stock to meet patient needs.About this unit:
- Our team is committed to patient safety, employee satisfaction, and above all else the care and improvement of human life
- By joining our team you will have the opportunity to provide excellent pharmaceutical care in a rapidly growing acute care facility amidst an ever changing healthcare environment.
- The Lakeview Regional Pharmacy Department services the needs of our inpatient, emergency room, surgical and outpatient populations.
- Receives and checks in medication and supplies by packing slip/purchase order/or invoice
- Maintains records of all prepackaged and compounded medications in accordance with all local and federal regulatory agencies.
- Assists the Pharmacist in the prompt and accurate processing of physician's orders to facilitate printing of medication/sterile products labels and reports as needed for patient care.
- Accurately compounds and dispenses sterile products by following Aseptic compounding of sterile products in compliance with USP Chapter 797 and established policies and procedures.
- Performs proper documentation of compounding of sterile preparations batched for single or multiple patient usage.
- Ensures medications/sterile products are prepared as scheduled, checked by a pharmacist and delivered accurately on a timely basis.
- Assists the Pharmacist in the dispensing of medications and controlled drugs to automated dispensing systems (i.e. Pyxis). Ensure that medication pick, refill and delivery through automated dispensing systems is done accurately, timely and according to established schedules and guidelines. Automated dispensing systems include meditations and anesthesia carts located throughout patient care, surgical and procedures areas.
- High School Graduate or equivalent.
- Current Technician Registration Certificate from the Louisiana State Board of Pharmacy acquired within 90 days, or current Intern certificate from the Louisiana State Board of Pharmacy.
- Excellent interpersonal, organizational and communication skills.
- Possess the ability to work effectively in a team.
- Demonstrated competence surrounding pharmaceutical terminology.
- Effective decision making skills and attention to detail.
- Ability to perform in a high-stress environment.
Lakeview Regional Medical Center is a full service, acute care hospital providing inpatient and outpatient healthcare services to St. Tammany Parish residents since 1977. Our 167 bed, state-of-the-art facility provides the most advanced, medical and surgical technologies available, along with personalized patient and family-based care in a safe, suburban community.
We believe these well-defined values are the keys to nurturing staff and patient satisfaction. By joining our team you contribute to the positive culture of the hospital, which directly impacts the well-being of your patients, their families, your colleagues, and your own personal job satisfaction. We invite you to learn firsthand what our unwavering commitment to patient satisfaction, service excellence and professional expertise can do for your career.
HCA Healthcare has been continually named a World's Most Ethical Company by Ethisphere since 2010. In 2018, HCA Healthcare spent an estimated $3.3 billion in cost for the delivery of charitable care, uninsured discounts, and other uncompensated expenses.
If you are looking for an opportunity that provides satisfaction and personal growth, we encourage you to apply for our Pharmacy Tech opening. We promptly review all applications. Highly qualified candidates will be contacted for interviews. Unlock the possibilities and apply today!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Our Company's recruiters are here to help unlock the next possibility within your career and we take your candidate experience very seriously. During the recruitment process, no recruiter or employee will request financial or personal information (Social Security Number, credit card or bank information, etc.) from you via email. The recruiters will not email you from a public webmail client like Gmail or Yahoo Mail. If you feel suspicious of a job posting or job-related email, let us know by clicking here.
For questions about your job application or this site please contact HCAhrAnswers at 1-844-422-5627 option 1.
Apply on company website