Including but not limited to:
• Prepare design solutions to satisfy construction engineering problems including drawings, engineering calculations and supporting documentation to satisfy regulatory agency approval.
• Review, interpret and analyze design drawings and contract specifications
• Interact with design engineering consultants and regulating engineering staff for construction engineering liaison.
• Perform project site visits as required to support design engineering activities.
• Utilize appropriate design standards in design solutions using AISC, ACI, Wood NDS, AASHTO and other relevant regulations.
• Utilize CAD to prepare preliminary designs for drafting engineers completion.
• Perform quantity take-off to develop cost estimates of design solution.
• Provide oversight of structural engineering and drafting staff in Formwork Department.
• Carry out job duties professionally reflecting Lane values
• Other duties as assigned
• BSc in Civil Engineering, MSc in Engineering a plus.
• Licensed Professional Engineer in VA, MD, or able to gain PE status through reciprocity.
• Minimum 15 years of construction engineering experience in heavy civil/highway construction
• Familiar with bridge, retaining wall, formwork, crane and falsework design, construction and demolition.
• Able to use design software applicable to construction engineering structural design solutions.
• Possess strong working knowledge of Excel and Word
• Strong verbal and written communication skills
• Excellent prioritization and organizational skills; detail-oriented in work habits.
• Digitally proficient in design engineering, communication and software utilization.
Apply on company website