The Lane Construction Corporation is one of America's leading construction companies, specializing in large, complex civil infrastructure. For nearly 130 years, it has contributed to the development of the country's vast network of roads, highways, and bridges, including the Interstate Highway System. Lane also specializes in tunnels, metro and railway systems, as well as airports and water and wastewater treatment plantsJob Description
Including but not limited to:
• Prepare design solutions to satisfy construction engineering problems including drawings, engineering calculations and supporting documentation to satisfy regulatory agency approval.
• Review, interpret and analyze design drawings and contract specifications
• Interact with design engineering consultants and regulating engineering staff for construction engineering liaison.
• Perform project site visits as required to support design engineering activities.
• Utilize appropriate design standards in design solutions using AISC, ACI, Wood NDS, AASHTO and other relevant regulations.
• Utilize CAD to prepare preliminary designs for drafting engineers completion.
• Perform quantity take-off to develop cost estimates of design solution.
• Provide oversight of structural engineering and drafting staff in Formwork Department.
• Carry out job duties professionally reflecting Lane values
• Other duties as assigned
• BSc in Civil Engineering, MSc in Engineering a plus.
• Licensed Professional Engineer in VA, MD, or able to gain PE status through reciprocity.
• Minimum 15 years of construction engineering experience in heavy civil/highway construction
• Familiar with bridge, retaining wall, formwork, crane and falsework design, construction and demolition.
• Able to use design software applicable to construction engineering structural design solutions.
• Possess strong working knowledge of Excel and Word
• Strong verbal and written communication skills
• Excellent prioritization and organizational skills; detail-oriented in work habits.
• Digitally proficient in design engineering, communication and software utilization.
Lane Construction offers a comprehensive benefits package with an excellent opportunity to grow and be part of one of the most respected names in the construction industry. Women and minorities are encouraged to apply. Lane is an Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/D/V.
Apply on company website