The Operator, Depalletizer & Forklift reports to the Warehouse Manager and is based out of our Seabrook, NJ location. This individual will be responsible for operating the palletizer and forklift associated with the line they have been assigned to in an efficient manner. Employee must be able to work in a fast-paced environment with close attention to detail through many changes.
PRIMARY RESPONSIBILITIES (essential functions of the job)
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Operate forklift to stack and retrieve goods, supplies, and materials
- Responsible for maintaining inventory and for production area cleanliness
- Document and maintain inventory records
- Remove product from containers on pallets
- Read and interpret blueprints and diagrams to select, position and secure machinery
- Adjust machine setting to complete tasks according to specification, accurately and in a timely fashion
- Know the purpose and follows proper operation of all safety switches, interlocks and safety devices
- Understand and can properly operate all machine controls (mechanical, electrical and pneumatic)
- Monitor pattern forming of the cases on the palletizer
- Clear jams, re-sequence the palletizer, and replace fallen cartons
- Properly change codes in the tagger computer
- Coordinate with the line driver so the correct pallets are available to the pallet dispenser
- Demonstrate proficiency in operating the palletizer
- Understand the HMI (touch screen)
- Perform other related duties as required and assigned
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
Minimum Required Qualifications
- A high school diploma or equivalent
- Six months experience in a manufacturing environment operating production equipment
- Must have excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Must be detailed oriented and can multi-task
- Must have excellent time management skills
Additional Preferred Qualifications
- Experience in the food/beverage industry a plus
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS & WORKING CONDITIONS
This position requires sufficient physical ability to work in a production setting.
FREQUENT: Ability to talk and hear; ability to stand, walk, climb stairs, stoop, bend and/or crouch; push/pull; lift up to 50 pounds; use of hands and fingers to operate machinery/equipment and all manual and electronic equipment in area of responsibility. Exposure to wet and humid conditions and fluctuations in ambient temperature (seasonal).
OCCASIONAL: Squatting, kneeling, ability to reach above and at shoulder height. Ability to wear a dust mask, and perform Confined Entry using LOTO program. Exposure to toxic and corrosive chemicals.
VISION: Ability to use close and distance vision, as well as color and peripheral vision with or without correction. Must be able to visually detect obstacles and potential dangers in a fast-paced production environment involving high speed equipment and powered industrial lift equipment.
HEARING: Ability to hear in the normal audio range with or without correction. Exposure to noise levels from pumps, machinery, forklift traffic, bottle lines and exhaust fans.
This job description is not intended to contain a comprehensive list of the responsibilities that are required to successfully perform in this position. Other duties as assigned are part of every job description. The conditions herein are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals to perform the essential job functions.
Lassonde Pappas & Co., Inc provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Apply on company website