The Batcher reports to the Processing Manager and is based out of our Seabrook, New Jersey location. This individual will be responsible for ensuring the proper blends of concentrates are used according to customer specifications. This position is responsible for food safety and food quality, including CQP and CCP monitoring.
PRIMARY RESPONSIBILITIES (essential functions of the job) Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Read and follow blending guidelines as set forth on a formula sheet to adhere to company and customer specifications
- Match color and flavor and other quality attributes of juice to control standard, weigh and pump ingredients for batch, open drums and containers for blending in batch
- Perform quality checks before releasing batch for production such as brix, acid, pH, sensory and color and adjust batches to meet specifications
- Use computer touch screen to fill batch tanks with bulk ingredients
- Use computers to research inventory needs and make batch corrections
- Use hand held scanners to batch formulas
- Responsible for resolving all errors related to batches
- Perform sanitation of tanks and rooms, move empty drums/totes/bins for disposal or storage
- Performs other related duties as required and assigned
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
Minimum Required Qualifications
- A high school diploma or equivalent.
- Forklift certification.
- Six months manufacturing experience.
- Must be proficient in mathematics.
Additional Preferred Qualifications
- Experience in the food/beverage industry
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Detail oriented; ability to multi-task
- Excellent time management skills
- Ability to work independently
- Ability to work in a team setting
- Credibility and Integrity
- Build and maintain professional relationships
- Ability to train others as needed
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS & WORKING CONDITIONS
This position requires sufficient physical ability to work in a production setting.
FREQUENT: Ability to talk and hear; ability to stand, walk, climb stairs, stoop, bend and/or crouch; push/pull; lift up to 50 pounds; use of hands and fingers to operate machinery/equipment and all manual and electronic equipment in area of responsibility. Exposure to wet and humid conditions and fluctuations in ambient temperature (seasonal).
OCCASIONAL: Squatting, kneeling, ability to reach above and at shoulder height. Ability to wear a dust mask, and perform Confined Entry using LOTO program. Exposure to toxic and corrosive chemicals.
VISION: Ability to use close and distance vision, as well as color and peripheral vision with or without correction. Must be able to visually detect obstacles and potential dangers in a fast-paced production environment involving high speed equipment and powered industrial lift equipment.
HEARING: Ability to hear in the normal audio range with or without correction. Exposure to noise levels from pumps, machinery, forklift traffic, bottle lines and exhaust fans.
This job description is not intended to contain a comprehensive list of the responsibilities that are required to successfully perform in this position. Other duties as assigned are part of every job description. The conditions herein are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals to perform the essential job functions.
Apply on company website