The Inventory Specialist reports to the Plant Manager and is based out of our Seabrook, New Jersey location. This individual will be responsible for the inventory management of raw materials and finished goods at the Seabrook facility.
PRIMARY RESPONSIBILITIES (essential functions of the job) Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Perform inventory counts on the floor to compare what is listed in the system and investigate any differences.
- Support operators in the proper use of our Warehouse Management System(WMS)
- Follow inventories to assure the adequate rotation
- Train employees on how to use our WMS
- Follow inventory shipments to assure the adequate rotation of finished goods
- Utilize company KPI's to track inventory management results.
- Ensure proper tracking of product that is produced at the manufacturing facility
- Support 3rd party warehouses in proper tracking of inventory in their sites.
- Work with QC on status resolution of held product
- Perform lot traces to support the plant's quality requirements
- Perform other related duties as required and assigned
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
Minimum Required Qualifications
- Bachelor degree in Business, Mathematics or Inventory Control preferred.
- 5-7 years of related experience
- Experience in cycle counting
- Strong Excel experience
- Must have excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Must be detailed oriented and can multi-task
- Must have excellent time management skills
- Must have excellent math and counting skills
Additional Preferred Qualifications
- Experience in the food/beverage industry
- Experience in Manufacturing or production environment (if necessary)
- Proven organizational skills
- Ability to direct, coach and train others.
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS & WORKING CONDITIONS
This position requires sufficient physical ability to work in a production setting.
FREQUENT: Ability to talk and hear; ability to stand, walk, climb stairs, stoop, bend and/or crouch; push/pull; lift up to 50 pounds; use of hands and fingers to operate machinery/equipment and all manual and electronic equipment in area of responsibility. Exposure to wet and humid conditions and fluctuations in ambient temperature (seasonal).
OCCASIONAL: Squatting, kneeling, ability to reach above and at shoulder height. Ability to wear a dust mask, and perform Confined Entry using LOTO program. Exposure to toxic and corrosive chemicals.
VISION: Ability to use close and distance vision, as well as color and peripheral vision with or without correction. Must be able to visually detect obstacles and potential dangers in a fast-paced production environment involving high speed equipment and powered industrial lift equipment.
HEARING: Ability to hear in the normal audio range with or without correction. Exposure to noise levels from pumps, machinery, forklift traffic, bottle lines and exhaust fans.
This job description is not intended to contain a comprehensive list of the responsibilities that are required to successfully perform in this position. Other duties as assigned are part of every job description. The conditions herein are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals to perform the essential job functions.
Apply on company website